This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Last edited by Sir_Quality_U_Feel on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: What to do?: Fiancee's Birthday

Post by phuketrichard »

do up a nice meal ( am sure u can find a nice restaurant that will cater a meal for you an deliver)
on one of the boats on the Tonle Sap at sunset.

Surprise her
dont forget the flowers!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:do up a nice meal ( am sure u can find a nice restaurant that will cater a meal for you an deliver)
on one of the boats on the Tonle Sap at sunset.

Surprise her
dont forget the flowers!!

Thanks Rich! Didn't think about the boat. Damn! Shes been bugging me about a sunset boat cruise thorughout the last year too! Good stuff.

Her mother owns one of the largest flower and wedding planning services in Phnom Penh. She'd love 100 roses from her mom's shop. Support the family too. Good stuff, keep it coming.

How do I go about negotiating a boat cruise for just us? Or would it be with other random people, typically? No experience with the boat guys/gals by the river. Cost for the boat?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

We hired a boat for us and some friends, took some beers at sunset and I think it was $20 to hire the boat for about an hour. Very basic, but you could jazz it up, organize drinks and a meal just for two.

Or an easier option would be to organize something like this:
http://www.phoceamekong.com/en/sunset-c ... ruise.html
Call to organize a special table surrounded by roses, champagne etc (I have a phone n° if that interests you.)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Anchor Moy wrote:We hired a boat for us and some friends, took some beers at sunset and I think it was $20 to hire the boat for about an hour. Very basic, but you could jazz it up, organize drinks and a meal just for two.

Or an easier option would be to organize something like this:
http://www.phoceamekong.com/en/sunset-c ... ruise.html
Call to organize a special table surrounded by roses, champagne etc (I have a phone n° if that interests you.)
You da man, Anchor! Thanks brotha! Just what I was looking for.
CJM555
Expatriate

Post by CJM555 »

"So CEO- My girl likes the simple stuff."

I would humbly suggest, keep it simple.
Cooking a girl a meal, leads, without delay, directly to knuckle deep flange manoeuvres.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CJM555 wrote:"So CEO- My girl likes the simple stuff."

Cooking a girl a meal, leads, without delay, directly to knuckle deep flange manoeuvres.
hey; they all say the like the simple stuff
BUT when u go a bit out of the way

its remembered forever!! :thumb:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:
CJM555 wrote:"So CEO- My girl likes the simple stuff."

hey; they all say the like the simple stuff
BUT when u go a bit out of the way

its remembered forever!! :thumb:
A wise man's words. You are right man. She likes the simple stuff but that means she would be amazed by a bit of effort, which is what I am trying to do.

The boat ride sounds amazing. Like I said, she has mentioned that exact activity before. I think I am going to try to set that up.

Cheers guys.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

For a nice dinner if you both like steak is the stone grill.

I went there for my birthday and was well impressed. Right on the river. Nice view and great food.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

kiwiincambodia wrote:For a nice dinner if you both like steak is the stone grill.

I went there for my birthday and was well impressed. Right on the river. Nice view and great food.
I know that place. Never been. It was legit, eh? Hmm. Okay. Nice share. Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic