New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

Post by j57 »

perhaps failing in a few relationships can give a person the drive to be a better partner?
a perfect mate for one person could be a piece of shit to another...
and time tends to be a factor...people get lazy or take advantage or outgrow or are indoctrinated by some western cunt...
A fine movie with James Garner and Julie Andrews..THE AMERICANIZATION OF EMILY...is a good example of how people can change.

I have failed in many relationships...more often than not it was my not wanting to be changed into what she wanted me to be..
One, I was trying my best ever and my wife was a closet drunk and I found myself in a hell beyond words..
My Khmer wife and I have our spats...but, we both appreciate the happiness we have right now...
I feel like Charles Bronson...an old guy with the most beautiful lady I have ever known...
we enjoy a simple life...
but, it is a fleeting moment in time that I want to enjoy.

perfect husband?
not even possible...
the definition of perfection is short lived.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Tarndog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:49 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:56 pm
Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:05 pm Agree with the posters who seem to think Cambodian women want everything for them.

At the large apartment complex where I live, everyday I see men head off to work, some add really add 5:45am, generally returning about 6-6:30pm.
@ Tarndog. From your other posts, you don't seem to have a very good opinion of Cambodians in general, so I guess you see what you are looking to see.

From a different perspective, you might see women who get up at dawn, sweep and clean, get the household going, fix some food, go to the market, take the kids to school and then go to work. Then they come home for more of the same, plus the kids' homework.
Try to stay on point. The original post had nothing to do with single moms.
Sorry I'll avoid replying to your off topic posts then. I wanted to give a different perspective to your picture of Cambodian wives, that's all.

Most of the women I'm thinking of have husbands too, and they also work hard. They work as a team, so this is definitely on topic for what makes a good husband. Team-mates. T-sign ;-)
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What are you doing to make yourself an attractive package?

Do you cook, do you wash clothes, are you a good cleaner? Are you great in bed, are you a fun date?

If you want to attract a good man, you have to make sure that what you are offering is worth staying around for.

It’s not enough that you love yourself, you have to make sure you have skills and attributes that will make others love you too.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:25 pm Do you cook, do you wash clothes, are you a good cleaner? Are you great in bed, are you a fun date?
Damn, I was about to answer yes to all the above & then realised you're throwing it at the Op. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:25 pm
It’s not enough that you love yourself....
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

rozzieoz wrote:What are you doing to make yourself an attractive package?
Package? Are women and men food products?

There is one perfect person for each guy and girl. Most will never find the one. The one that was born to be with you. After a lifetime of searching I was lucky enough.

‘Western dating’ doesn’t work in finding good girls in Cambodia. Think old fashioned matchmaking. Didn’t physically meet missus until after years of knowing each other.

Enough ramblings.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Post by B1.Barang »

Thank you everybody for great ideas and wonderful questions for me and other members here to read and think about them. All of you are correct.
I am sure after you see this post and comments, you could tell if you are a good husband or a good wife or can be a good partner.
No one is perfect but if he or she got 5 or 7 out of 10 you wish for, it is acceptable.
I really appreciate your discussion and advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Sounds kosher.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

After years of searching for my perfect partner and joining several dating agencies , I found my perfect match was right there beside me all the time.
Spoiler:
My shadow
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic