New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

Post by fax »

Kayve wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 pm
B1.Barang wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm a perfect man
What do you have to offer ? :assasin:
Not much to you. It's newkidontheblock's flare now telling us how perfect he is.

The usual but from her point of view instead. Thank God she hasn't posted naked pictures of him getting ready for the wedding yet to remind us that size does not matter.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

B1.Barang NKOTB's missus? For real? I suspected it, but then again, its not blatantly obvious.

Anyhow, I will bite. (the only favor I would ask you B1.Barang. is that you could reply with the appropriate list of what makes a good wife)

A good husband is someone you enjoy spending your time with, he is your best friend, your lover, your confidant. He loves you not only because he feels it in his heart, but he loves you because it is his choice, and that is a commitment to an action; to love is to serve in spite of your mood or feelings that day, or week or month.

A good Husband is one who will laugh with you (hopefully a lot) and cry with you, and put your interested before his own. He will be concerned about your comfort, and he will be vigilant for your security, of person and your future care.

A good husband (and wife) will not keep a score card of favors given, and the best relationships are the ones where the partners try to out-serve each other.

The best husband encourages his wife to go and have some other friendships and girlfriends to fulfill her social needs he cannot give, and eagerly welcomes her home again when she returns. A good husband would rather stay home with his wife than go out drinking with his buddies, but also realized that it is not wise to expect (and this goes both ways) all of his/her social needs to be fulfilled by his partner only.

A good husband would never correct or speak badly of his partner in public. He will give correction or advisement when he is in a good state of mind and not lash out in anger at her.

He will build her up and praise her in public, and also in private. He will let her know that if he had all the ladies in the world to choose, he would still choose her in a heartbeat, and that he is the luckiest guy in the world to have her attention and care and devotion. He will let her know that no one is perfect, and that in spite of her flaws, he loves her even more for trusting him to know about them.
Love is patient and kind, never envious or boastful or proud. It is not haughty or selfish or rude. It is not irritable or touchy, and seldom even notices when others do it wrong.
A good husband strives to love his wife selflessly like this.

A good husband is slow to wrath and doesn't raise his voice. He is tender and gracious and forgiving.

A good husband is a hard worker, and is a moral and decent man. He understands the word Honor, and knows that his behavior can bring honor to her, or bring disgrace. He chooses to be the best man he can be, and she inspires him to do it. That's is also why, behind a very good man is a good woman.

Unfortunately, very few relationships meet this mark, this ideal. The reasons are many, and that is the topic for another post.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Yep yours causes nods but mine was real (Ricky Bobby)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

"Unfortunately, very few relationships meet this mark, this ideal. The reasons are many, and that is the topic for another post."

Only God and explorer meet such heady criteria.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

RickyBobby wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:55 am B1.Barang NKOTB's missus? For real? I suspected it, but then again, its not blatantly obvious.

Anyhow, I will bite. (the only favor I would ask you B1.Barang. is that you could reply with the appropriate list of what makes a good wife)

A good husband is someone you enjoy spending your time with, he is your best friend, your lover, your confidant. He loves you not only because he feels it in his heart, but he loves you because it is his choice, and that is a commitment to an action; to love is to serve in spite of your mood or feelings that day, or week or month.

A good Husband is one who will laugh with you (hopefully a lot) and cry with you, and put your interested before his own. He will be concerned about your comfort, and he will be vigilant for your security, of person and your future care.

A good husband (and wife) will not keep a score card of favors given, and the best relationships are the ones where the partners try to out-serve each other.

The best husband encourages his wife to go and have some other friendships and girlfriends to fulfill her social needs he cannot give, and eagerly welcomes her home again when she returns. A good husband would rather stay home with his wife than go out drinking with his buddies, but also realized that it is not wise to expect (and this goes both ways) all of his/her social needs to be fulfilled by his partner only.

A good husband would never correct or speak badly of his partner in public. He will give correction or advisement when he is in a good state of mind and not lash out in anger at her.

He will build her up and praise her in public, and also in private. He will let her know that if he had all the ladies in the world to choose, he would still choose her in a heartbeat, and that he is the luckiest guy in the world to have her attention and care and devotion. He will let her know that no one is perfect, and that in spite of her flaws, he loves her even more for trusting him to know about them.
Love is patient and kind, never envious or boastful or proud. It is not haughty or selfish or rude. It is not irritable or touchy, and seldom even notices when others do it wrong.
A good husband strives to love his wife selflessly like this.

A good husband is slow to wrath and doesn't raise his voice. He is tender and gracious and forgiving.

A good husband is a hard worker, and is a moral and decent man. He understands the word Honor, and knows that his behavior can bring honor to her, or bring disgrace. He chooses to be the best man he can be, and she inspires him to do it. That's is also why, behind a very good man is a good woman.

Unfortunately, very few relationships meet this mark, this ideal. The reasons are many, and that is the topic for another post.
Okkkkkkkay.

If that's what it takes I guess I know the reason I failed and am divorced (almost)

How can someone be that perfect?

Can anyone stand up and say they meet these criteria , this includes the females as well ( change the word husband to wife)?
Chamboy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chamboy »

"Can anyone stand up and say they meet these criteria , this includes the females as well ( change the word husband to wife)?"

Agreed... All these pulpits and no choir.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

violet wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:20 pm I think it is irrelevant what anyone else thinks is a good husband. We are products of our lives (experiences). We have different needs and expectations because each of us is different. Sure, there are likely to be some commonalities, like, he doesn't punch me in the face or kick me in the stomach when I am pregnant, but we will have different ideas and prioritise each of the things we value differently.

And where do you stop your list? Do we list the top three things? Top five? Top ten? Or the first 30 things we can think of in no particular?

Do we compromise on any of the things we name when faced with a real live human being in front of us?

.....maybe the fact I find this so difficult is an indicator of how I have remained unmarried
People totally misread my post. My personal bar is not set as low as ... he's not abusive.... I thought I had made it clear that I was not listing things
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Khartoum
Expatriate
Sudan

Post by Khartoum »

The roles of husband and wife have responsibilities and healthy expectations.

Fact of the matter is, we don't actually know for sure we can fulfill the role until immersing oneself in it.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Time for a agony aunt on this forum? :ROFL:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I think the thread title is a misnomer. Its not true. A man/boy can learn what a good husband is by having good positive role models in his life. He can learn what a good husband is by having a good father AND mother. I say mother also, because if a man is a good husband, he generally requires a good wife. Its not hard to write the description for the model husband. Its harder to do it.

(it is also true men will choose women like their mothers, and vis versa, so if the mother sets a high bar, the boys will find that in their future mate)

Here's some good relationship advice however. Stop looking to change your partners flaws, and focus on the things only you can control, and the only thing you can really control is yourself.

The problem with marriage today is that everyone wants what they can get. The best marriages are about service. Its about what you can give.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic