New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: New OP: Only a good husband would knows how to be a good husband?

Post by Phnom Poon »

B1.Barang wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 pm . . . as I love myself.
Tell us more

monstra mihi bona!
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Agree with the posters who seem to think Cambodian women want everything for them.

At the large apartment complex where I live, everyday I see men head off to work, some as early as 5:45am, generally returning about 6-6:30pm.

What poses me off is how fucking stupid they must be. I don't work, so I am around all day to see what their wives and gf's (don't) do.

The bitches just sit in the main foyer, and chat with ask the other moms, occasionally playing cards, and rarely, if ever, taking what would be considered good care of their toddlers, who routinely escape their mothers attention and are found in distant parts of the complex, occasionally wanting to come into my apartment. A stern shout occasionally gets the mom's attention. About every other day, some, not alot of, laundry gets done.

Seriously?? I realize I'm highly sensitive about thE equality bullshit that gets beat into any male American's skull and how we need to always go out of our way to help women because they just have such a hard life, but does an effort such as what I've described in any way compare to having to negotiate the dreaded rush hour traffic twice a day, deal with problems all day, and doing what other things that are involved with ones job? I ABSOLUTELY THINK NOT.
Last edited by Tarndog on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:05 pm Agree with the posters who seem to think Cambodian women want everything for them.

At the large apartment complex where I live, everyday I see men head off to work, some add really add 5:45am, generally returning about 6-6:30pm.

What poses me off is how fucking stupid they must be. I don't work, so I am around all day to see what their wives and gf's (don't) do.

The bitches just sit in the main foyer, and chat with ask the other moms, occasionally playing cards, and rarely, if ever, taking what would be considered good care of their toddlers, who routinely escape their mothers attention and are found in distant parts of the complex, occasionally wanting to come into my apartment. A stern shout occasionally gets the mom's attention. About every other day, some, not alot of, laundry gets done.

Seriously?? I realize I'm highly sensitive about thE equality bullshit that gets beat into any male American's skull and how we need to always go out of our way to help women because they just have such a hard life, but does an effort such as what I've described in any way compare to having to negotiate the dreaded rush hour traffic twice a day, deal with problems all day, and doing what other things that are involved with ones job? I ABSOLUTELY THINK NOT.
I would never accept that. IMO, Men need to make women more accountable for being stay-at-home 'moms'. And if they don't, it's no longer the woman's fault.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:26 pm
Tarndog wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:05 pm Agree with the posters who seem to think Cambodian women want everything for them.

At the large apartment complex where I live, everyday I see men head off to work, some add really add 5:45am, generally returning about 6-6:30pm.

I would never accept that. IMO, Men need to make women more accountable for being stay-at-home 'moms'. And if they don't, it's no longer the woman's fault.
Quoting yourself, did you forget to log out of one of your socks?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

violet wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:20 pm Sure, there are likely to be some commonalities, like, he doesn't punch me in the face or kick me in the stomach when I am pregnant, but we will have different ideas and prioritise each of the things we value differently.
That's setting the bar pretty low.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

@ Tarndog. From your other posts, you don't seem to have a very good opinion of Cambodians in general, so I guess you see what you are looking to see.

From a different perspective, you might see women who get up at dawn, sweep and clean, get the household going, fix some food, go to the market, take the kids to school and then go to work. Then they come home for more of the same, plus the kids' homework.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:56 pm From a different perspective, you might see women who get up at dawn, sweep and clean, get the household going, fix some food, go to the market, take the kids to school and then go to work. Then they come home for more of the same, plus the kids' homework.
I thought that species of Khmer women were extinct. We're talking about wives, not maids, here aren't we?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:47 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:56 pm From a different perspective, you might see women who get up at dawn, sweep and clean, get the household going, fix some food, go to the market, take the kids to school and then go to work. Then they come home for more of the same, plus the kids' homework.
I thought that species of Khmer women were extinct. We're talking about wives, not maids, here aren't we?
Definitely not. T-minus 3 days and counting until Freightdog junior arrives, and her-indoors is up at 6, a bit of a bull-headed dynamo, dealing with the two stroppy youngsters and a jet lagged barang. She needs reining in, just so that she takes care of herself.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:09 pm my gf tells me i am one..

i dont fuck around, dont hit bars, dont drink, think of her feelings
help out at home, (cooking, cleaning,washing up etc)
dont wait till xmas / birthdays to buy small presents
tell her how i feel
being considerate

Although am not religious, i do follow the christian concept of
"Treat others as you would have them treat you"

He is out there for ya,keep looking
But what does she tell her friends :stir:
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:56 pm

@ Tarndog. From your other posts, you don't seem to have a very good opinion of Cambodians in general, so I guess you see what you are looking to see.

From a different perspective, you might see women who get up at dawn, sweep and clean, get the household going, fix some food, go to the market, take the kids to school and then go to work. Then they come home for more of the same, plus the kids' homework.
Try to stay on point. The original post had nothing to do with single moms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic