Any cutesy English terms your Khmer significant other likes to use?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Any cutesy English terms your Khmer significant other likes to use?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Just wondering if any of the other members have Khmer significant others that like to use cutesy English words? I know this is kind of an offshoot of a previously posted on topic.

Missus like to call anyone she encounters ‘young handsome man’, half is the time English, half of the time in Khmer. Could be some old street seller lady, or the bike washer, doesn’t matter. She tells me she met or talked to or was with a ‘young handsome man’.

Another one is ‘dating’. Meeting anyone is dating. Could be her friends, her teacher, ministry official, etc.

Final contribution is ‘woo’. Taking politely to man and being nice in general she calls ‘woo’. Either on line, on the phone, or during some random meeting. Not to confused with her younger sister’s ‘woo’, where she’s greets a man as ‘my lovely husband’ (in khmer, of course).
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Any cutesy English terms your Khmer significant other likes to use?

Post by BklynBoy »

Bae is one
and Motherfucker is another... I find it so cute when cursing as a term of endearment. It's even more cute because they aren't used to using it that way. I think because they know it as a curse and use in certain situations and love the way it sounds when using it differently.

Another thought--- maybe it's an East Coast thing? American thing? an immature thing?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am Bae is one
and Motherfucker is another... I find it so cute when cursing as a term of endearment. It's even more cute because they aren't used to using it that way. I think because they know it as a curse and use in certain situations and love the way it sounds when using it differently.

Another thought--- maybe it's an East Coast thing? American thing? an immature thing?
You're not, by any chance dating NJH's ex?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:39 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am Bae is one

hahah no way... why?? no idea how his relationship is/was etc... but u made me laugh
and fyi i like women... women who were born a woman
let me add-- Motherfucker get's tired pretty quickly.. Any chance to take it back?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 amBae is one, and Motherfucker is another... I find it so cute when cursing as a term of endearment. It's even more cute because they aren't used to using it that way. I think because they know it as a curse and use in certain situations and love the way it sounds when using it differently. Another thought--- maybe it's an East Coast thing? American thing? an immature thing?
hahah no way... why?? no idea how his relationship is/was etc... but u made me laugh ... and fyi i like women... women who were born a woman
lolz, at the moment, I cant remember 'her' name, he made a video with her, and it was all mothafucka this and motherfucka that. Taking her cues from NJH no doubt.

My little lady thinks its funny to swear in English. But the other day she told me that her niece said "what the fuck" ... parroting what she has heard. I have warned her not to talk like that in front of others, but 'they' generally don't understand these words in the context of our society, (the real world) and as for me, I take the blame; I have created a woman who can talk like a sailor!
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

RickyBobby wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:49 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:41 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 amBae is one, and Motherfucker is another... I find it so cute when cursing as a term of endearment. It's even more cute because they aren't used to using it that way. I think because they know it as a curse and use in certain situations and love the way it sounds when using it differently. Another thought--- maybe it's an East Coast thing? American thing? an immature thing?
hahah no way... why?? no idea how his relationship is/was etc... but u made me laugh ... and fyi i like women... women who were born a woman
lolz, at the moment, I cant remember 'her' name, he made a video with her, and it was all mothafucka this and motherfucka that. Taking her cues from NJH no doubt.

My little lady thinks its funny to swear in English. But the other day she told me that her niece said "what the fuck" ... parroting what she has heard. I have warned her not to talk like that in front of others, but 'they' generally don't understand these words in the context of our society, (the real world) and as for me, I take the blame; I have created a woman who can talk like a sailor!
haha yea that makes sense... when little kids do it and depending on the context... Even better if she says it in school!!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I taught one bar tender to ask Aussies "How's it hanging mate"? Her delivery is funny but the look on peoples faces is worth the price of a beer.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Wanker, buttplug, fucktoy, prolapsed anus.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 am Wanker, buttplug, fucktoy, prolapsed anus.
The last one was a question to you. Not surprising really.

Not my mrs but her Uni friend (male) who met a bunch of middle aged barang and called them “cupcake Cock suckers”. No idea where he learnt it but he got a good telling off. Luckily he looks about 12 so they didn’t slap him.
I can hear him swearing in English when she does that thing they do with voice recording when they chat. (Just fucking call him!)

I heard a little kid in SHV say “cunt bubble” and her dad barang puffed his chest out and said “I taught her that to say to her mum”. Nice.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:29 am Another thought--- maybe it's an East Coast thing? American thing? an immature thing?
Motherfucker please, it's a Samuel L Jackson thing! :hattip:

Wife is fond of "Who stole the jam out of your doughnut?" to anyone looking sad/upset - bit of a Jason Statham/Vinny Jones fan that one.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic