I can’t look at it.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

I can’t look at it.

Post by KHCHINATD »

I don't want to comment

See for yourselves. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5c65b291552 ... 743151.mp4

通过我的 BND-AL10 上的 Tapatalk发言

RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: I can’t look at it.

Post by RickyBobby »

KHCHINATD wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:25 am I don't want to comment

Im not clicking on random links. Whats it about?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

RickyBobby wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:41 am

Im not clicking on random links. Whats it about?
WeChat Circle of Friends Share the video I won't make so he can play it directly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Wats dis aboot? Some hostess lighting cigarettes with money? What currency?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
KHCHINATD
Expatriate
China

Post by KHCHINATD »

General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:05 am Wats dis aboot? Some hostess lighting cigarettes with money? What currency?
Dollar
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

KHCHINATD wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 pm
General Mackevili wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:05 am Wats dis aboot? Some hostess lighting cigarettes with money? What currency?
Dollar
There are 20+ countries that use a currency named a dollar. If it is a Liberian Dollar, there are 160 to a USD, if it is the Taiwan Dollar there are 30 to a USD.
At a .6 of a cent in value, I can see using Liberian Dollars to light a ciggy, if it Taiwan Dollar I can understand Chinese making a political statement at a cost of 3.3 cents.
If it is USD, then a more expensive political statement, but really still affordable to those that frequent hostess clubs.

I haven t clicked the link, no offence intended, but I have no desire to give access to my computer to the Ministry of State Security (MSS).
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

I can't look at Joe Mama.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:08 am
KHCHINATD wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 pm
Dollar
There are 20+ countries that use a currency named a dollar. If it is a Liberian Dollar, there are 160 to a USD, if it is the Taiwan Dollar there are 30 to a USD.
At a .6 of a cent in value, I can see using Liberian Dollars to light a ciggy, if it Taiwan Dollar I can understand Chinese making a political statement at a cost of 3.3 cents.
If it is USD, then a more expensive political statement, but really still affordable to those that frequent hostess clubs.

I haven t clicked the link, no offence intended, but I have no desire to give access to my computer to the Ministry of State Security (MSS).
I did not click either but I believe burning currency is illegal in most countries? When I lived in Kenya, some hotel guests thought lighting cigars with Kenyan Shillings would be a laugh. This was loooong before social media but somebody ratted them out and they got into a bit of a problem as burning legal tender with the picture of the then president arap Moi was a huge no-no.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Did they get busted?
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I can’t look at it.

Post by jaclu »

The issue with literally burning cash is more of a respect thing. Regardless of the value for the burning man, it mocks people that are less affluent in a pretty arrogant way, on a totally different level than buying a luxury item, since then at least you have a quality item that you can enjoy or use to display richness in a less offensive way.
It’s kind of a Nouveau Riche act that just lacks class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic