Khmer visa based on marriage

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Khmer visa based on marriage

Post by newkidontheblock »

It is possible to get a ViSA based on marriage to a Khmer citizen.

This lady does them. She’s been doing them for the last two years without problems.

My better half brought the marriage application and approval papers, identity card, and residence book.

I just needed to bring my passport with an ordinary ViSA.

Cost us $295 with a turnaround time of 6 business days.

Expedited cost $75 more but turnaround is 1 business day.

[mod edit:NKOTB i removed your passport visa picture as it had your passport number etc on it]
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Khmer visa based on marriage

Post by Brody »

That's good news.

For some reason I thought that EB EOS's based on marriage were not being accepted as readily nowadays.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

You shouldn't post anyone's passport number on this website.

Not even your own.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 am You shouldn't post anyone's passport number on this website.

Not even your own.
Cam Nivag wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:01 pm Jesus Christ. Passports don't contain addresses or any other private info, it's not like someone can open a credit card with your passport number.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:02 am You shouldn't post anyone's passport number on this website.

Not even your own.
Well, NKOTB has shown before he isn't shy about posting, more like the opposite.

He also seems a bit naive though.... Posting your current passport number, visa number and full name is a bit naive.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Post by prahocalypse now »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:34 am

Not even your own.
Well, NKOTB has shown before he isn't shy about posting his own digits, more like the opposite.

He also seems a bit naive though.... Posting your current passport number, visa number and full name is a bit naive.
FTFY
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Brody wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 am That's good news.

For some reason I thought that EB EOS's based on marriage were not being accepted as readily nowadays.
As long as you can provide the official Cambodian marriage certificate it's not a problem.

Call Kim is highly recommended, but going direct to the DoI and applying in person is just as easy as using an agent, and much cheaper.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Thanks for the advice. Have you found the DOI easy to navigate for a non-native Khmer speaker (ie, everything in English)? In the past, I’ve found Cambodian officials and ministries not so straightforward. Even missus looks for fixers whenever dealing with a ministry or department.

The biggest consideration: time. I don’t have weeks and months to get it all done. I have days.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Its really just a variation on an EB because its only for 1 year (unless you are chinese and maybe japanese who can get 2 year visa i think).
In an ideal world if you are married to a khmer and living in Cambodia you should get some sort of permanent spouses visa/residence permit like you would get in most western countries. Just wondering if this allows you to work or whether you still need a work permit as well? Used to be if you are married to a khmer and have kids you can applly for a Khmer passport for a few hundred $ but its lengthy and they don't like to do it
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Unless there are some changes to visas for younger guys who get married to Khmer girls and have kids here, it could get awkward them to stay in Cambodia when they get older . A retirement visa ,,,, no work. They wont be able to save enough money to retire on and may not get a pension from their own country so they will be working here until the day they die unless they move the family back to their home country..

What's your plans ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic