Convincing the parents

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
B1.Barang
Expatriate

Re: Convincing the parents

Post by B1.Barang »

Your wife seems so perfect to you,but do not living in dream so long, open eyes and look around,she may not good as your imagination. Maybe your parents just say all those words in polite way.
Also sometime happiness is with you,people can only laugh or pity you when you happy or suffer. Be yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

B1.Barang wrote:Your wife seems so perfect to you,but do not living in dream so long, open eyes and look around,she may not good as your imagination. Maybe your parents just say all those words in polite way.
Also sometime happiness is with you,people can only laugh or pity you when you happy or suffer. Be yourself!
Hahaha!

My imagination is very limited. Missus will always be better than my imagination. And now she is also better than my parents’ imagination. My parents advised me before that having a wife is useless. After meeting her, they kept telling me to keep her at all costs.

Shall I name all the ways she is good? She keeps me from being run over from the local traffic, robbed by the thieves and meth heads, wipes the sweat from my brow, keeps from dying from hunger, keeps me from passing out from thirst, keeps me from getting sunstroke from the heat, massages and coins with more dedication than any shop girl, and has tears that can cure almost any illness.

The best part? Others may laugh or pity me, but she just accepts and loves me for who I am. All my foibles and imperfections. The fact that I’m not Khmer, not rich, nor do I have a glib tongue or a gift for writing.

With missus, I can finally stop pretending and just be myself. She is always the better half of me and always will be.
PhnomRon
Expatriate

Post by PhnomRon »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 am
She keeps me from being run over from the local traffic, robbed by the thieves and meth heads, wipes the sweat from my brow, keeps from dying from hunger, keeps me from passing out from thirst, keeps me from getting sunstroke from the heat
Are you a three year old or a severely disabled adult?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PhnomRon wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:48 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 am
She keeps me from being run over from the local traffic, robbed by the thieves and meth heads, wipes the sweat from my brow, keeps from dying from hunger, keeps me from passing out from thirst, keeps me from getting sunstroke from the heat
Are you a three year old or a severely disabled adult?
Probably just a serious case of being high on adrenaline, dopamine and fenylethylamine.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

newkidontheblock wrote:
B1.Barang wrote:Your wife seems so perfect to you,but do not living in dream so long, open eyes and look around,she may not good as your imagination. Maybe your parents just say all those words in polite way.
Hahaha!

My imagination is very limited. Missus will always be better than my imagination. And now she is also better than my parents’ imagination. My parents advised me before that having a wife is useless. After meeting her, they kept telling me to keep her at all costs.

Shall I name all the ways she is good? She keeps me from being run over from the local traffic, robbed by the thieves and meth heads, wipes the sweat from my brow, keeps from dying from hunger, keeps me from passing out from thirst, keeps me from getting sunstroke from the heat, massages and coins with more dedication than any shop girl, and has tears that can cure almost any illness.

The best part? Others may laugh or pity me, but she just accepts and loves me for who I am. All my foibles and imperfections. The fact that I’m not Khmer, not rich, nor do I have a glib tongue or a gift for writing.

With missus, I can finally stop pretending and just be myself. She is always the better half of me and always will be.
Isn’t b1 barang your missus?

You guys are weird but that’s a good thing. Carry on you crazy kids.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

NKOTB, please continue with the Wedding Blog and photo's.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

No more bush photos though.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:04 pm NKOTB, please continue with the Wedding Blog and photo's.
Says the guy who decided that pics of NK's dick was 'thread of the year'. :BangHead:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

B1.Barang wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:14 pm Your wife seems so perfect to you,but do not living in dream so long, open eyes and look around,she may not good as your imagination. Maybe your parents just say all those words in polite way.
While I don't mean to be a downer, I think this is very good advice. Putting someone on a pedestal will only lead to disappointment because people are despite their best efforts fallible. Realize your own self-worth and also that nobody is perfect and you'll be far more useful in the long run.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 pm Congratulations and best of luck with your marriage. I knew you were ethnic Chinese, I'm guessing your parents were born in the US? It can be quite difficult sometimes for older people to deal with the heat and general strangeness here, so I hope they get on well. Your idea of building that bunker makes a lot more sense now. As for the check, I've never cashed a foreign bank check here but I doubt it will be an easy process. All the best.
Judging from his name in the wedding banner he uploaded, he’s Korean. Maybe he’s telesales’ brother!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic