Fake Chinese monks on the prowl again

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
aussieguy100
Expatriate

Fake Chinese monks on the prowl again

Post by aussieguy100 »

Just encountered my first fake Chinese monk of the season on riverside. This time dressed in grey rather than red. He offered a business card with some soothing saying written on it. He hurried off when I started shouting ‘fake’ ‘fake’ to deter him from approaching the rest of the customers near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Fake Chinese monks on the prowl again

Post by fax »

He was outside La Croisette around 10.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

aussieguy100 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:02 pm Just encountered my first fake Chinese monk of the season on riverside. This time dressed in grey rather than red. He offered a business card with some soothing saying written on it. He hurried off when I started shouting ‘fake’ ‘fake’ to deter him from approaching the rest of the customers near me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:thumb: Works every time. :director:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Chinese monks you say? Don't tell me the ever lengthening tentacles of the PRC have now infiltrated Cambo monkdom? thumbdown :nono:

They should be defrocked immediately and exposed for what they really are! :protest:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

clutchcargo wrote:Chinese monks you say? Don't tell me the ever lengthening tentacles of the PRC have now infiltrated Cambo monkdom? thumbdown :nono:

They should be defrocked immediately and exposed for what they really are! :protest:
50 cent monks!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Do they need work permits ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Can a "fake monk" really be defrocked? Or are you suggesting an extra judicial approach carried out in public view.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

There's 2 or 3 that have never left the Riverside area. They're there every day, without fail.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

taabarang wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 pm Can a "fake monk" really be defrocked? Or are you suggesting an extra judicial approach carried out in public view.
One was arrested for refusing a donation because it was too small.
bobsboots
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bobsboots »

Yep, saw him today near FCC around 4 pm, business card in hand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic