Good shoe shine in Phnom Penh?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Good shoe shine in Phnom Penh?

Post by Kuroneko »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am my days in the army taught me tat for a really good shine u need to layer on the shoe polish, to layer on the shoe polish, u need heat, best n cheapest way is this
When I was in the army, shoe shining was not an issue! :plus1:

Now I wear shoes like this:

taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

It's important for US Military formations when you want to look like a dill pickle with a shiny black stem.
For combat purposes it's useless.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bolueeleh wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:27 am my days in the army taught me tat for a really good shine u need to layer on the shoe polish, to layer on the shoe polish, u need heat, best n cheapest way is this

nothing like a good ol elbow grease, hard labour maketh a character
Ah, the good ol' "spit shine"...I don't miss having to do that! Only for parade boots or Number 1's though.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

u guys r lucky to hv diff boots for parade drills n training, singapore cheap ass army in my time has only 1 boot for field training n parade drills, so the boot cld be covered in mud in one hour n has to be spit shine in the next. :facepalm:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

There's a Hollywood movie-style shoeshine right next door to that place on Riverside that sells automated winders for self-winding watches. The guy has photos on the wall of every shoe he's had the pleasure to know. He'll let you look at them for a buck and a half.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic