MH370 found in Cambodian JUNGLE? "Truth-seeker" to investigate (UPDATE 11/2019)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: MH370 found in Cambodian JUNGLE? "Truth-seeker" to investigate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

explorer wrote:It happened at night time. Unlikely anybody would be out to photograph it. If somebody did see it they would not know it was not a regular flight.

The experts agreed that it did fly for a number of hours after the communication was turned off.

Unlikely somebody would turn off the communication, then it crashed hours later.

The pilot had a mock up in his home, where he could learn how to turn off the communication.
Have you been to the airport in question? It's not secluded or abandoned by any means (though it's no longer used to land aircraft). There are always soldiers and villagers around there, plus some houses around. It's a silly tabloid story...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Re: MH370 found in Cambodian JUNGLE?

Post by explorer »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:21 pm
explorer wrote:It happened at night time. Unlikely anybody would be out to photograph it. If somebody did see it they would not know it was not a regular flight.

The experts agreed that it did fly for a number of hours after the communication was turned off.

Unlikely somebody would turn off the communication, then it crashed hours later.

The pilot had a mock up in his home, where he could learn how to turn off the communication.
Have you been to the airport in question? It's not secluded or abandoned by any means (though it's no longer used to land aircraft). There are always soldiers and villagers around there, plus some houses around. It's a silly tabloid story...
It is amazing how many people respond without reading previous posts.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 pm

It's amazing how you think you can deflect questions like that. You have never been there and imagine it's some remote place in an unpopulated desert. Ridiculous, as is your assertion that lots of people would want to fly around the country from provincial airports. The only reason anyone ever did that was because the other routes weren't secure, it's far too expensive otherwise.

There are a lot of unused airports in Cambodia, but the plane is not at any of them.

I actually met someone who has been thinking about the idea of starting flights to these airports. He is looking for pilots. It is difficult to find good pilots, but if he did, it is an idea which could make money.

There would be people who would want a quick flight to one of the smaller towns.

It's not at all difficult to find pilots, what is difficult is making any of the routes you are talking about profitable.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:48 am
explorer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:49 pm

It's amazing how you think you can deflect questions like that. You have never been there and imagine it's some remote place in an unpopulated desert. Ridiculous, as is your assertion that lots of people would want to fly around the country from provincial airports. The only reason anyone ever did that was because the other routes weren't secure, it's far too expensive otherwise.

There are a lot of unused airports in Cambodia, but the plane is not at any of them.

I actually met someone who has been thinking about the idea of starting flights to these airports. He is looking for pilots. It is difficult to find good pilots, but if he did, it is an idea which could make money.

There would be people who would want a quick flight to one of the smaller towns.

It's not at all difficult to find pilots, what is difficult is making any of the routes you are talking about profitable.
And loads of runways are in a terrible condition (from personal experience: Kampong Cham, Stueng Treng, Ratanakiri, Kratie) and no passenger plane would be able to make a safe landing there.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Found it

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Here we go again:

MH370 Cambodia hunter vows to search jungle again despite near-fatal mission
Ian Wilson spoke to Daily Star Online a year on from his dangerous look for the missing plane.
By Daily Star - November 3, 2019

A Brit man who was forced to abandon a near-fatal search for missing flight MH370 insists he will one day look for the doomed plane again.

Ian Wilson flew to Cambodia with brother, Jack, last year after claiming to have spotted the Malaysia Airlines plane on Google Maps.

Daily Star Online exclusively revealed he was forced to scrap the jungle search after battling harsh conditions four miles north of the Phnom Aoral peak.

In full: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... h-20760337
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

What do you reckon motivates these guys?
- genuinely deluded
- fraud/scam
- desperate desire to be famous
- just taking the piss out of us all (the only one i'd pay)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm What do you reckon motivates these guys?
- genuinely deluded
- fraud/scam
All of the above ?
Daily Star Online exclusively revealed he was forced to scrap the jungle search after battling harsh conditions four miles north of the Phnom Aoral peak.
Tough conditions, it seems that there are no supermarkets in Kampong Speu.
“Street food stalls everywhere, rubbish laying everywhere, pot holes, tuk tuk drivers absolutely everywhere trying to take you somewhere, no shops for miles on end.

“Honestly we couldn’t find a supermarket earlier in Kampong Speu.
Source, lol: general-chatter/topic22728-70.html#p288326
AllAboard
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by AllAboard »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm What do you reckon motivates these guys?
- genuinely deluded
- fraud/scam
The first one is enough to justify all of this
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: MH370 found in Cambodian JUNGLE? "Truth-seeker" to investigate (UPDATE 11/2019)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

MH370 news: Brit to search Cambodian jungle again after Google Maps sighting

EXCLUSIVE: Ian Wilson spoke to Daily Star Online a year on from his dangerous look for the missing plane
By David Rivers, Senior Reporter
22:41, 2 NOV 2019 Updated at 08:23, 3 NOV 2019

A Brit(ish) man who was forced to abandon a near-fatal search for missing flight MH370 insists he will one day look for the doomed plane again.

Ian Wilson flew to Cambodia with brother, Jack, last year after claiming to have spotted the Malaysia Airlines plane on Google Maps.

But Mr Wilson, a video producer, is plotting to go again nearly six years after the Boeing 777-200 disappeared in March, 2014, on a journey from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

And he says he will take on the mountainous terrain despite his brother coming inches from death last time around.

Mr Wilson told Daily Star Online: "It was so dangerous, every time we came to a river, where the waterfall would be crossing, it might only be 10 metres the other side but you've got no idea how deep it is, it's about a foot deep and it goes up past your thighs.

"Then you're getting brushed away and just thinking, 'I've got to come back this way', then your climbing over fallen rocks, crawling across them in the end.

"We should have been badly injured, but the guides were good, they would go across first, and pull us up.

"There was one point where we on this really sharp incline, and the ground underneath Jack started to go, and he dived and ended up on a tree branch, and when you're carrying 15kg on your back, it might have been a different score if it was me.

"He was hanging on at one point, if he hand't have dived and hung onto that branch, he would have had a pretty steep fall.

"I would love to go again but it's just money. I had a weird seizure the day after I came there, I thought I was having a stroke, all jittery and my heart was going, probably really bad dehydration.

"I hope to go again, months after I was like, 'I'm up for going again', definitely want to do this again but it's just the money.
"I'd be getting on the internet, contacting people. I was just let down on stuff, now what, I've done all that work."

Daily Star Online understands from Google that the figure is a plane captured mid-flight, a view also held by the Aviation Safety Network (ASN).

Mr Wilson's theory also clashes with the conventional wisdom from investigators that it crashed into the Indian Ocean west of Australia, after analysing satellite data.

The discovery of debris washed up at spots including Reunion Island and Mauritius further shoots down Mr Wilson's claim.

But Mr Wilson, an experienced user of Google Maps, is adamant the figure shows a plane at ground level.

Some have suggested the figure, which remains visible on the search engine database, may even be an old warplane although ASN told Daily Star Online it does not fit the profile of any crashes.
And Open University Academic Dr Yijun Yu, an aviation software researcher, told us the image at least warranted sending a drone there to lay the claim to rest.

The mystery of MH370 continues to rumble on to this day, with multiple theories given since it vanished.

The official investigation ruled the plane ran out of fuel before its ocean crash, and a purported suicide mission from the pilot, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, is widely considered the most plausible explanation.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest ... h-20760337
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic