Ministry craziness

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
prahocalypse now
Expatriate
India

Re: Ministry craziness

Post by prahocalypse now »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:06 am I … eat whale blubber.

Are you the guy I saw outside Jars of Clay with a harpoon?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 am Don’t bother dressing formally in suit and tie, nice shoes and bringing the Pedro bag. Dress like an a jai. Second, everyone is an interviewer and needs to be bribed. Finally, maybe bring a case or two of beer for everyone so no one feels like they didn’t get enough tea money.
1. Don't dress like an a'jai...they will not let you through the gate. Just wear long dress pants/chinos, shoes and a respectable looking collared shirt/polo shirt...no need to wear a suit and tie.

2. You are free to say no to requests for "tea money"...by paying tea money, you only continue to encourage corruption. Did you see the big sign on the wall in English and Khmer saying "Do not pay any money to the interviewers" (or something like that), with the Ant-Corruption Unit logo on it?

3. Do NOT try taking cases of beer into any Govt. Ministry buildings...if that is the route you'd like to take, invite them out for lunch and beers, pay for it all. This is actually a great way to make "friends" in positions who can help you and advise you :wink:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

bvanfossen wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am Shit, if this is for marriage I do not have pay stubs. Only a letter (printed on letter head) from my company stating I am employed, for how long, my pay and a wet signature. Is that enough for proof of income? I guess I should "dress down" when we go?
You do not need to provide pay stubs/slips...just the official letter from your employer as above. If you're employed in Cambodia you will also need your WP.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

prahocalypse now wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:12 am

I think he misunderstood what a blow job entailed.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

prahocalypse now wrote:

You got me.
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Inuit all along
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic