Where does the land whale line start?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
GTC7
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Where does the land whale line start?

Post by GTC7 »

I think everyone is too quick to blame the people who eat, but not the people who pour billions of dollars into addictive combinations, patented chemicals, food substitutes, and of course, advertising and subliminal messaging.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:41 am I think everyone is too quick to blame the people who eat, but not the people who pour billions of dollars into addictive combinations, patented chemicals, food substitutes, and of course, advertising and subliminal messaging.
Dont talk shit.
No-one is forcing them to eat manufactured junk food or watch adverts on how good coke cola is.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

Duncan wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:49 am
GTC7 wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:41 am I think everyone is too quick to blame the people who eat, but not the people who pour billions of dollars into addictive combinations, patented chemicals, food substitutes, and of course, advertising and subliminal messaging.
Dont talk shit.
No-one is forcing them to eat manufactured junk food or watch adverts on how good coke cola is.
most human beings r sheeps, thats what corporates hv been doing all these while, study the human psychics n exploit the loopholes
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

I think everyone is too quick to blame the people who eat, but not the people who pour billions of dollars into addictive combinations
This....

If you go into any supermarket, perhaps 90% of everything that is on sale has added sugar or sweeteners. Why? Because sugar is addictive, simple as that, and the processed food manufacturers know that and don't give a damn about people getting addicted to sugar and ending up as lard buckets.

Simon - who is a slim and fit 63 Kg, and avoids anything with added sugar/sweeteners :)

PS - Be honest, just how many of you are overweight or have a beer gut?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Americans only really became fatasses when they started sticking HFCS in everything. Everything has that shit in it and it's highly addictive and fucks up your insulin levels such that you can never stop being a lardass without a massive, fundamental change in diet and basically some sort of trauma to get your system working again. Fructose is the worst. So there is definitely a link between sugar and being fat. There's also a lot of psychological addiction, food is comfort for a lot of people, a lot of the really fat people are suffering from some form of depression. I'm fat because I drink a lot and like food, though. I need to cut down on the spuds but that's like a khmer not eating rice.
McDonkeys is not actually that bad for you as long as you avoid the salads. Animal fats have an appetite suppressant effect so you feel full when you eat them. Pretty sure the fries are cooked in unhydrogenated oil, something like sunflower oil, think it varies country to country, that's not actually that bad for you.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

"Pretty sure the fries are cooked in unhydrogenated oil, something like sunflower oil, think it varies country to country, that's not actually that bad for you."

Years ago, maybe no longer, the cut fries were first soaked in a sugar solution, then drained and frozen. The scorched sugar turned the fries a pleasant shade of brown.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
fatuousdrivel
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by fatuousdrivel »

In the 50s there was a discussion about fat and sugar. Fat lost.

Fat is good for you. Eat lots of it!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

What goes up.
To lose weight, ya gotta use more than ya consume.
Simple, yet so fuckin hard, I know.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic