Balcony Makeover

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Balcony Makeover

Post by rozzieoz »

StroppyChops wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:57 pmYep the lot.
Cool - good price. Was that inside Orussey?
Yes on the bottom level. It was $2 per meter for the lights and $2 for the remote etc
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:07 pm
StroppyChops wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:57 pmYep the lot.
Cool - good price. Was that inside Orussey?
Yes on the bottom level. It was $2 per meter for the lights and $2 for the remote etc
Thanks Rozzie
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

charlie :hattip:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Some of my plants.

This is lemon mint, it tastes divine.

Orchids are doing surprisingly well! They were hanging under a mango tree in SNV before I moved them.

Tomatoes. I’ll have space for two at the most, does anyone want one?

Lettuce is doing amazingly well. It looks so lush and green, I love it. And tastes great too.

This is a mix of pretty flowers- something is eating some of them but I’m not too worried, things are still growing.

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Thailand has been raining cats and dogs past days as such it was difficult to do any construction for my balcony. The thing is contractors need to finish the stamp concrete on the parking area before proceeding with the balcony.

Finally on Thursday the sun was up and contractor quickly started job around 11am

As you can see in the video below concrete is ready so are the 4 pillars ready to be cast for the balcony.

The rebars making the 4 pillars is sitting on piles each pile is actually a group of 5 concrete piles bunched together and arranged closely like pentagon and then hammered into the ground 15m deep so its very strong.

At about 3.30pm when concrete is semi-cured it was time to stamp the concrete

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

On Friday the boys came to finish up treating the surface of the stamped concrete

Remember I previously mentioned wife wanted to change the stamped concrete colour at the back of the house from grey to orange, ok its done

Anyway looks like the balcony is finally going to take shape next week
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

My awesome piece of wood has arrived, this will be a benchtop running the length of the balcony wall.
It will be painted blue to match the awning.

I am more excited about this part than anything else, it’s going to be a radical change.

Almost done!
Who wants to come to the Balcony Opening Ceremony ??
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 am Image

My awesome piece of wood has arrived, this will be a benchtop running the length of the balcony wall.

I am more excited about this part than anything else, it’s going to be a radical change.

Almost done!

I'll come to the '' tree planting ceremony '' you know,, the type of ceremony you have when you feel guilty about the 500 year old tree they cut down so you could
have a bit of wood in your home :stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote:
rozzieoz wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:16 am Image

Almost done!

I'll come to the '' tree planting ceremony '' you know,, the type of ceremony you have when you feel guilty about the 500 year old tree they cut down so you could
have a bit of wood in your home :stir:
I am so grateful to that tree!
Will you please give a speech at the Grand Ribbon Cutting Balcony Opening Ceremony?
There will be tequila shots!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic