The good the bad and the ugly

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: The good the bad and the ugly

Post by StroppyChops »

prahocalypse now wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:58 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:23 am Khmer get routinely chopped down by the grammar police and publicly hung to dry.
It's hung out to dry.
Well, depends. How well do you know your American history?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

in 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

lipservice wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 2:48 pm She must be as bored as you OP.
How about turning off the computer and spend more quality time with ya missus.
Talk is good.. =@
You've obviously never been married.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 pm tbh Samouth used to receive a bit of abuse sometimes,
but little salary she was well received and a regular contributor, only cut down on posting due to other reasons
I miss both of their contributions on here. Make them come back, Jamie!
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

cptrelentless wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 pm
Talk is good.. =@
So, you're saying quality time/talk within a marriage is not good, right?

Just to clarify.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

that genius wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:24 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 pm
Talk is good.. =@
So, you're saying quality time/talk within a marriage is not good, right?

Just to clarify.
I'm sorry your life is such a dull, humour-less vacuum.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

So far replies have been - grammar nit picking, ad hominem attacks, making excuses that a school bully would make after being sent to the principal’s office (he deserved it, no culpability), and a few I wish the Khmer would return.

I think Khmer locals have tons to contribute (at least the missus does, after only looking at couple of threads), and would go towards a better understanding between locals and expats.

Alas, some keyboard warriors use this board to demonstrate their skills in verbal jujitsu or ninpo (take your pick), and thus scare them away.

Her response to me, ‘too lazy to post’ = She doesn’t want me to lose face by explaining why she doesn’t feel comfortable expressing her thoughts here.

So the ugly continues. Hopefully the good will rise and triumph in the end.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm So far replies have been -
What was the question ?
It sort of looks like you are looking for reasons why she doesn't want to post. But maybe she just doesn't feel like it.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm Her response to me, ‘too lazy to post’ = She doesn’t want me to lose face by explaining why she doesn’t feel comfortable expressing her thoughts here.
I look forward to a day when there are more female and more Khmer posters on CEO, and that they don't feel too challenged to post. My own wife is a member and poster here.

However, is it possible that your wife's response is just an honest admission? If she's truly not interested, why make it into something else?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm So far replies have been - grammar nit picking, ad hominem attacks, making excuses that a school bully would make after being sent to the principal’s office (he deserved it, no culpability), and a few I wish the Khmer would return.

I think Khmer locals have tons to contribute (at least the missus does, after only looking at couple of threads), and would go towards a better understanding between locals and expats.

Alas, some keyboard warriors use this board to demonstrate their skills in verbal jujitsu or ninpo (take your pick), and thus scare them away.

Her response to me, ‘too lazy to post’ = She doesn’t want me to lose face by explaining why she doesn’t feel comfortable expressing her thoughts here.

So the ugly continues. Hopefully the good will rise and triumph in the end.
there are many Khmers that watch/read/comment on these Forums, but they dont use it on this platform, they contribute on the Facebook page, they read the stories we post here and then comment/share on the Facebook page
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic