Tuesday Morning Photo

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
United States of America

Tuesday Morning Photo

Post by Jacobincambodia »

Isn’t styrofoam pretty, especially mixed with sewage? This is near the now burnt down LV Club in Sihanoukville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Tuesday Morning Photo

Post by Duncan »

Jacobincambodia wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:14 am Isn’t styrofoam pretty, especially mixed with sewage? This is near the now burnt down LV Club in Sihanoukville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 500 r charge on polystyrene ,,, the same as now on plastic bags,,, will stop all that .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Anyone aware of being charged for plastic bags yet?
A charge on polystyrene would probably not stop locals bring their food to the beach in such packaging ..
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

one_dolla wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 am Anyone aware of being charged for plastic bags yet?
Now that you mention it, I was charged .10 or something at a shop in Aeon last weekend.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

aeon mall started on 10 april, big whoop, only 1 mall, not gonna even make a dink in the garbage heaps
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Lucky at Takhmau charge 500 r , so I told them dont give me a small bag I want a big big bag cause they are the same price.

Value for money ? yes
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

one_dolla wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 am Anyone aware of being charged for plastic bags yet?
A charge on polystyrene would probably not stop locals bring their food to the beach in such packaging ..
Thai Hout charge 400riel a bag now i think

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I was in Thai Huot on Monday and they didn't have any bags, a bit of a problem as I was buying a bloody steak. Fortunately I had a couple of bags in my bag.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

one of the worst points about cambodia is all the plastic waste everywhere
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

small mom n pop shop shld start charging too, that will bring plastic usage to a screeching halt
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic