Jouni "Dzouns" Anttonen Died in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Jouni "Dzouns" Anttonen Died in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Barang chgout »

Just heard Jouni from bum n draze died yesterday.
Another brother gone.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: R.I.P.

Post by PIEMAN »

Great guy,cremated yesterday, a phnom Penh legend,The Finnish Billy Idol . Lovely guy
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

What was wrong with him? He wasn't that old.
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Rock 'n' roll. Apparently his liver gave up.

King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

Guess then it was alcohol abuse. About time somebody is doing something about it.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Jouni "Dzouns" Anttonen Died in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

I found this on the Cambodian Space Project's website about his death:

"Very sad news, one of our very good Space Project friends Jouni "Dzouns" Anttonen has passed away. Jouni was well loved for his wonderful exploits with local group Bum'n'Draze and many other outrageous and colorful punk art and rock'n'roll antics and outfits. His work for Finmap, mapping the whole of Cambodia, was a vital contribution to land rights throughout the country and equipped Jouni with an in depth knowledge of Cambodia, and had probably driven much of the country in his Lincoln Continental - last time we saw Jouni he joked that BnD was to embark on a "Closet in the Skeletons" tour starting in a jungle village near remote Stung Treng. Jouni was immortalized for his role playing a Russian Gangster in Matt Dillon's City of Ghosts and brought both this 'character' as well as his larger than life personality and his beloved Lincoln to The Cambodian Space Project in this fabulous extended version of Have Visa No Have Rice. RIP Jouni you'll be remembered long after the tour bus dust settles back on the road and the last notes of 'Sickville' blasting out the car stereo fade away! Condolences to friends and family.
"
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

jesus, i turn 61 soon. ima fuck off quick
RIP Jouni
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

frank lee bent wrote:jesus, i turn 61 soon. ima fuck off quick
RIP Jouni
Jounni was 100% rock n roll. A bottle of vodka for himself before a gig was not unusual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic