Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

Post by rozzieoz »

The Chinese have taken over our building.

The new neighbours above us (and around us) don't know how to lift furniture - the sound of heavy wooden chairs, tables and everything else scraping across the floor is filling the hallways of our once happy home.

Plus the shouting across hallways and down stairs- it's mindblowingly noisy.

We are moving out next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Re: Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

Post by Fourkinnel »

When I come back to SHV next month I want to sell my Condo. The only problem is how to advertise it without being accused racist. I will probably put; no arrogant, rude, trash throwing loud more than 2 people to a room pigs.
I will still be living next door so only fair who I choose to sell and live next to.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Fourkinnel wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am When I come back to SHV next month I want to sell my Condo. The only problem is how to advertise it without being accused racist. I will probably put; no arrogant, rude, trash throwing loud more than 2 people to a room pigs.
I will still be living next door so only fair who I choose to sell and live next to.
If your selling, I don't think it really maters to whom. Its as long has you get the monies, and the Chinese will possibly give you the asking price. That now seems they are the buyers in Shitvila.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:24 am
Fourkinnel wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 am When I come back to SHV next month I want to sell my Condo. The only problem is how to advertise it without being accused racist. I will probably put; no arrogant, rude, trash throwing loud more than 2 people to a room pigs.
If your selling, I don't think it really maters to whom. Its as long has you get the monies, and the Chinese will possibly give you the asking price. That now seems they are the buyers in Shitvila.
It matters to me! Read my last line on my post! I have to live next door!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

^Really it does not matter, soon you will be drinking and eating, shopping, along side them, since they are buying up the place. Just wait until they get more of an hold. By the way do you speak mandarin.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

I would be looking at another town.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the way sihanoukville has been sounding in the 2-3 months ive not been there im not completely excited about returning, i mean it was bad before, but its seemed to have taken a nose dive, had a number of friends been kicked out their apartments due to Chinese buyouts, and im still not sure where i can go anymore for my full english now Aqua and Snookies are both RIP...
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I live in an apartment in China and can ad to your 'fun facts' list:
- not only do the Chinese not know how to lift furniture, the time to move furniture is 3:00 AM
- all doors must be slammed.

Before I visited this summer, I was considering retirement in Sihanoukville. Not now.
You could be next.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Not just as neighbours. Last time in Siem Reap i was standing in the "wait to be seated" line in a restaurant and a few just pushed their way inside and sat down. When asked by staff to go wait in queue they shouted and carried on like pork chops and refused to leave the table.
I just walked out.
Rude arrogant fuckers.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Kampot is filling up fast and cheap rentals are nearly gone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic