Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: Fun facts about Chinese neighbours

Post by Brewer »

Excellent. I'm happy to hear racism doesn't exist anywhere, by anyone, towards anyone because there is only one race. One race with sub-divisions mainly based on nationality, culture, sex, religion.
Do be sure to tell the next spastic who uses the term "racist" to describe someone who has made a culture or nationality-based derogatory remark that they are wrong because there is no such thing as racism and as it's all cultural they all do it so can be castigated and sneered at for their behaviours without fear of opprobrium or sanction. Unless you call them chinks, or monkeys, or something because I suppose then everyone will lose their shit again.

So anyway, about those culturally drink sodden Irish, culturally lazy Mexicans and culturally car stealing black folks... :ROFL:
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

I live in China and ALL the behaviours mentioned are true and typical of Chinese apartment dwellers
What he says...

@Brewer, sometimes you just have to accept the ugly truth, and that's not racism.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

The only derogatory remark in reference to the Chinese was by Argent who called them "Rude, arrogant fuckers" due to their propensity to not 'cue'. In his culture, it IS rude and arrogant. However, In China, it's NOT rude and arrogant not to line up - pushing, shoving and 'cutting in' are the norm and considered acceptable behaviour.

The Chinese grow up with noise... LOTS of noise (at all hours of the day)... because there are so many people living in close proximity. The Chinese spit... inside... because they believe it's bad to swallow it (you don't see many carpets in China). The Chinese don't use diapers... kids pee all over the place... because of the expense (and there aren't enough landfills in the universe).

If you live in an apartment building populated by Chinese, there will be: noise... at all hours, and sputum & puddles of pee on the floor in the hallways.

It's not racist to point out these facts... or to want to move if your building is 'taken over' by the Chinese.
You could be next.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

My input to this thread is a lowly one as I don't live in SNVL.
My downstairs neighbour, the one who owns the shop and that my Cambodian landlord says is Chinese, slashed my moto seat for parking outside his shop/ my apartment for 3 hours.
However, on further questioning, he said they are not pure Chinese, but a "high- percentage".
As opposed to his own family who he described as "low- percentage".
See crook!!!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

My post refers to my new neighbours and the goings-on in the building, not the Chinese race in general.
It's not racist, it's rude-neighbourist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Unread postby Cruisemonkey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:06 am
The only derogatory remark in reference to the Chinese was by Argent who called them "Rude, arrogant fuckers" due to their propensity to not 'cue'. In his culture, it IS rude and arrogant. However, In China, it's NOT rude and arrogant not to line up - pushing, shoving and 'cutting in' are the norm and considered acceptable behaviour.

Oh I apologise for calling the people who took over the few tables left at a restaurant where we had a booking as rude arrogant fuckers because i was unaware that being pushy ,verbally abusive to the Khmer staff, taking up twice the space allocated to the tables with bags and assorted luggage and generally being arse holes was acceptable behaviour in their own cuntry.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 am My post refers to my new neighbours and the goings-on in the building, not the Chinese race in general.
It's not racist, it's rude-neighbourist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd hand out a nice coloured range of boiled sweets. Splash a bit of colour around.
See crook!!!
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Brewer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:56 am I find the casual racism of this thread towards the new proprietors of Cambodia absolutely sickening.

Attempting to apply a thin veneer of "humour" by the OP to disguise blatant and appalling sinophobic racism is incredibly offensive. The repellent subsequent posts about the Chinese are a disgrace, this thread is surely entirely contrary to the new Policy Statement.

I assume there will be fewer posters for the next twenty-four hours due to them serving bans. I initially scoffed at the notion of the week long bans and further shaming measures that some shitehawk snowflakes were calling for but I have seen the light. A week ban and a shaming isn't long enough. My flesh positively crawled at the racism and hate spewed in this thread, I have never been so triggered and upset.

Just you remember whose country you are in, fucking longnose racists. It's not the days of the raj anymore so stopping acting like entitled colonials
Well if that ain't racist nothing is!. Is calling insult to a feminist racial too? Fuckin liberal luvvie! And that would be racist to a political party would it?
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

no one would say these things about Singaporeans or the many Overseas Chinese settled in other countries.
these are national traits of a single country composed of quite a few different ethnic groups.

I assume there will be fewer posters for the next twenty-four hours due to them serving bans.
there may be one less shortly for trolling and shit stirring.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

i keep my mouth shut about other race but i am a chink calling other chinks a chink, is that racist? economic progression without cultural and education advancement leads to mismatch of expectations, what seems rude to to general public do not seem rude to them, do they deserve condemnation and ridicule?

yes they deserve it, until the time that they change and conform to common sense and courtesy i will not stop, or unless due to some cosmic event, the world is flip mentally upside down.

i will not stop making "racist" remarks at them but at the mean time i reserve my racism for my own "race" that is the basic courtesy that i have. others can continue and be branded as racist, i dont care :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic