Wurk is a $400 wurd

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Wurk is a $400 wurd

Post by Duncan »

I renewed my via last month. The travel agent I have used for the last 10 years knows I am retired, and I asked them to make sure it's a retirement visa this time,,, but it still came back as a EB visa.

I wonder if its possible to have it changed as they or immigration have made the mistake .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

MoL inspectors would not normally come to your home, strange.

Immigration, yes, but they should only be checking your visa is in order, they have almost nothing to do with Work Permits.

I'd suggest that you simply inform them that your passport is at work being used for the WP process, give them a photocopy of your visa.

I doubt scammers would come to your workplace.

At the end of the day, we are legally required to have a work permit if we are working or have a visa that associates work with along stay.

However, I would be very cautious of paying any person claiming to work for MoL...go direct to their office.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Yes. I have just got back from Pursat where I met with immigration. This was no scam.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Immi. are out here all the time hunting Chinese dam workers.

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I was up north the first time I had met immigration, over a year ago. The villagers had informed the police I was there. An immigration officer rode from the nearest town, about a hour or so away. He was very polite in asking my intentions in the area, then taking photos of my passport and visa. There was no mention of work permits. Although I was half way through building a house. He explained he was there to make a record for my own safety. I can understand this! Just like you would book into a hotel or rent a room, they would take copy's of the passport and visa.
This time I had opened a business in Koh Kong, so yes I had to have a work permit.

Here is also a photo of my friends Retirement visa.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Barang chgout wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:50 am Immi. are out here all the time hunting Chinese dam workers.

Those dam Chinese again!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic