How do you block someone?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

How do you block someone?

Post by rozzieoz »

If I block someone it still shows their name with "so and so on your ignore list commented blah blah blah."
It gives a spoiler the same as with images.

I'd really like to block someone and never see their shitty posts again. I'm sick of the snide comments and don't believe I've done anything to antagonize or upset anyone, other than having a lifestyle that is a bit different from the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: How do you block someone?

Post by phuketrichard »

i'd love that option as well
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

oh that is so annoying

i hope I find an answer

xx

(damn)
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't click on the spoiler.

Either that or we can put the offender(s) on mod preview. That way their posts need approval before going public.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Username Taken wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm Don't click on the spoiler.

Either that or we can put the offender(s) on mod preview. That way their posts need approval before going public.
You'd think that a poster bragging about how many people he pisses off would be an auto-invitation to mod preview...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

StroppyChops wrote:
Username Taken wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm Don't click on the spoiler.

You'd think that a poster bragging about how many people he pisses off would be an auto-invitation to mod preview...
The hard part is that we have a REPORT function, but it's not used as much as it should be, if people are truly annoyed with someone (as opposed to just not agreeing with them on things).

And I agree with UT in this case, and it seems like a good idea at this point would be to put the alleged culprit on Mod Preview, and then we don't have to take the chance of them pissing off valuable members who don't deserve to be fucked with, as they don't fuck with anyone.

For the most part, we rely on you guys to just be cool, which amazingly works about 95% of the time, but it seems this (alleged) perpetrator is just going out of their way to disturb the peace.

And nobody should hesitate to report something. We have never banned anyone or ridiculed anyone for just reporting posts, so do it when need be.

The only time we can really do anything WITHOUT something being reported first, is if a post is sooooo over the top it's obviously offensive and written for that purpose, but otherwise we need to wait until something is reported.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Thanks guys - Facebook blocking is so simple ;)

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 pm If I block someone it still shows their name with "so and so on your ignore list commented blah blah blah."
It gives a spoiler the same as with images.

I'd really like to block someone and never see their shitty posts again.

I'm sick of the snide comments and don't believe I've done anything to antagonize or upset anyone, other than having a lifestyle that is a bit different from the norm.

Cannot see why you would want to block me . Why not just ask me nicely to stop, and I might even stop dreaming of you at night time .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Want KiR ridiculed for having protected posters?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

rozzieoz wrote:Thanks guys - Facebook blocking is so simple ;)

Ok, we after this public complaint about him, he's continued to be a cunt across the board annoying others with his nonsensical posts, so we're putting him on Mod Preview right now. That means none of his posts will be visible unless one of us on the Mod Team reads it, decides it's an actual contribution rather than garbage, and then approves it to be visible to the whole community.

Sorry for the troubles, but it's hard for us to decide when someone crosses the lines unless members tell us using the "report" feature.

To SinnSisamouth: If you ever want Mod Preview removed, it's rather simple> Stop being a cunt.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic