Cambodia vs South Africa

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Cambodia vs South Africa

Post by vladimir »

Interesting point re the Oscar Pistorius case...many people cannot see his behaviour with the gun as normal...most foreign readers don't understand the level of fear most Saffers live with..you hear a noise at night, you don't bother to verify what it is, that second may cost you your life. You shoot, and you keep shooting if you are unsure as to whether you are safe.

I left because I couldn't exit my building after 6pm in safety, and on Saturday afternoons/Sundays, when the CBD was deserted, anything could happen.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm
Duncan wrote:Roz,, Are you allowed to carry a gun ?
I'm not sure, I've never asked sorry. I know you can buy all sorts of weapons without a license.
I think you'll find that is no longer the case, the law is extremely strict in SA with regards to gun ownership now. A Saffer mate I was working with in a shithole of a country recently was going through the process of purchasing a new pistol, potential gun owners need to have a license to own/carry guns prior to purchasing any, plus every weapon purchased needs its own license and the criteria is extremely strict, his application was 20+ pages and took several months to be approved.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 2:34 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 5:54 pm
Duncan wrote:Roz,, Are you allowed to carry a gun ?
I'm not sure, I've never asked sorry. I know you can buy all sorts of weapons without a license.
I think you'll find that is no longer the case, the law is extremely strict in SA with regards to gun ownership now. A Saffer mate I was working with in a shithole of a country recently was going through the process of purchasing a new pistol, potential gun owners need to have a license to own/carry guns prior to purchasing any, plus every weapon purchased needs its own license and the criteria is extremely strict, his application was 20+ pages and took several months to be approved.
I guess burying land mines in your front yard is a no-no these days then?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

hanno wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 4:20 pmI guess burying land mines in your front yard is a no-no these days then?
There are ways around that.

Large dog will lay landmines of its own.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic