Uh oh

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
ryoon
Expatriate

Re: Uh oh

Postby ryoon » Tue May 20, 2014 8:26 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
1) You disagreed an Admin's tweet and said most of his forum members are XXXXXXX.

2) He turns around and finds out everything he can about you and goes on his forum and posts your personal details like your, name, picture, where you work, etc, to get back at you. :facepalm:
Not exaggerating a tad? When did they do this to anyone ? They seems to be off the night and fog persuasion.

True the posted your address :The Cavern Street 104, Phnom Penh, Cambodge
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Tue May 20, 2014 9:54 pm

ryoon wrote:
Not exaggerating a tad? When did they do this to anyone ?
LoL, not in the least. I wish I was.

Glad to see you speak sarcasm.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Tue May 20, 2014 11:16 pm

General Mackevili wrote:Glad to see you speak sarcasm.
Usually not that fluently, though - I sometimes muster enough care factor to wonder if the Engrish is put on.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Postby Milord » Wed May 21, 2014 12:09 am

Need a new Sub-forum to brush up on my Engrish. After dating a woman from HK for years, I had it down pat.
My posts sometimes reflect that.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Wed May 21, 2014 12:20 am

I have an appalling habit of dropping into pidgin when I'm having a conversation with anyone from SEA. If someone is speaking to me in Engrish, it gets worse. And I'm a linguist...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Postby Digg3r » Wed May 21, 2014 12:57 am

A cunning one?
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Postby Soi Dog » Wed May 21, 2014 6:05 am

Digg3r wrote:A cunning one?
Thats worth some karma.
ryoon
Expatriate

Postby ryoon » Wed May 21, 2014 8:00 am

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Glad to see you speak sarcasm.
Usually not that fluently, though - I sometimes muster enough care factor to wonder if the Engrish is put on.
Well unless you want to reserve the forum to native speaker, you will have to do with my insufficient writing skills.
Although I note that most of the incomprehension come form member reading everything I write as If I was dead serious, more than grammar error.
Not being from the U.S I was not imbibed with this notion that straight talk is the best and that indirectness was if not dishonest at least fishy and tiring for the brain. On my side I must say that the attitude "son of Sam" of KIR was(and is still) bothering me. On my book ( cultural background) directness is associated with oversimplification and populism.
Not saying that this is the case of course (even if the campaign against Liam was to say the least completely disproportionate and ridiculous, what some people are ready to do to feel important is amazing, especially when there is zero risk involved) but just pointing to a different way of thinking.

On the professional forum (U.S member dominating largely) that at never been an issue as we in fact by definition speak very straightforwardly, no joke, no side gag, no private jock and such. Also quite a large cultural common base between the member are we are in the same business, facing the same situation, ect ect
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed May 21, 2014 12:04 pm

one tip i've learned after years of deciphering tone from text... use emoticons/smileys. it helps to make clear the tone of the preceding text.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Postby Mrs Stroppy » Wed May 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Digg3r wrote:A cunning one?
Yep!
Using Tapatalk

• Advertisement
Booking.com

Return to “General Chatter”