To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:45 am

UKJ wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Although admittedly most Americans believe Britain is near St.Louis though, right? Just next to Australia.
:-o
You can't criticize any American whatsoever on this thread, no matter what they do. Just keep stuffing dollars in their hand, and take the abuse and tasering ! :D
See, that's the flaw in your whole argument... i'm not saying you're anti-american...i'm saying your media is, and you're just eating it up hook line and sinker.

and, since it's your only point of reference... you are forming your opinion based on a limited set of information, then telling those with first hand experience of the place they don't know what they're talking about, because you saw it on the telly so it has to be true! or... is it because you want it to be true...?
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1344
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 126

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by Joker Poker » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 am

Tim Linkinwater wrote: Maybe there was a bit of resentment around after WW2 because they had more money, better teeth and shagged all our women, but I think all that has all gone now.
It used to be said they were: overpayed, oversexed and over here.

These days I think it would be fair to say: overly obnoxious, overly loud and what's the other one? Oh yeah, overly obese. Like those morons who have to shout at every shot in every golf tournament 'it's in the hole'.

Luckily we got the good ones on this forum.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

Joker Poker wrote:
Tim Linkinwater wrote: Maybe there was a bit of resentment around after WW2 because they had more money, better teeth and shagged all our women, but I think all that has all gone now.
It used to be said they were: overpayed, oversexed and over here.

These days I think it would be fair to say: overly obnoxious, overly loud and what's the other one? Oh yeah, overly obese. Like those morons who have to shout at every shot in every golf tournament 'it's in the hole'.

Luckily we got the good ones on this forum.
And now the UK is rapidly catching up on obesity it seems... lol.
Tim Linkinwater
Expatriate
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:42 pm
Reputation: 13

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by Tim Linkinwater » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 am

^ True.

Still way behind on dentistry though. :(
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:16 am

Tim Linkinwater wrote:^ True.

Still way behind on dentistry though. :(
Image
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: To tip or not to tip... or should it be banned?

Post by UKJ » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:58 am

OrangeDragon wrote:
UKJ wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Although admittedly most Americans believe Britain is near St.Louis though, right? Just next to Australia.
:-o
You can't criticize any American whatsoever on this thread, no matter what they do. Just keep stuffing dollars in their hand, and take the abuse and tasering ! :D
See, that's the flaw in your whole argument... i'm not saying you're anti-american...i'm saying your media is, and you're just eating it up hook line and sinker.

and, since it's your only point of reference... you are forming your opinion based on a limited set of information, then telling those with first hand experience of the place they don't know what they're talking about, because you saw it on the telly so it has to be true! or... is it because you want it to be true...?
It's like watching a drowning man :ROFL2:
We were talking tips n taxis, and you start your smoke machine again!
I wasn't forming an opinion of America. Just Vegas. And I gave you a chance to explain some of the strange tipping rituals, but you won't answer. You prefer to go off on a tangent.
Media anti USA ? - Who made the programme and why would they be anti USA?
Point of reference? - You have agreed that everything I said happens :facepalm: Taxi guy - check. Dealers - Check. Money per drink - check. And if the Vegas Police don't act like Sgt Tom , a 17 year veteran of the Vegas Police, then please show me any complaints about the programme from the Vegas police dept. Surely they must have publicly stated that they don't deck and taser people for next to nothing? You are basing your opinion, on a scene from another TV programme altogether, that you claim was reshot. Links to any article about the reshot scene please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegas_Strip_(TV_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Format
Reality
Documentary

Country of origin
United States
:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyKK, lagrange, orussey98, PSD-Kiwi, tathom, whatwat, xandreu and 259 guests