There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 am Is it the same guy who sells pies at other places (Sundance and a few others)? Pelican used to be all over, now I see signs for pies in several establishments. They seem a bit overpriced to be honest as they're pretty small. Never seen a foreign food hawker in a bar though...
Why don't most expats state the prices? Did you forget?
I love having a giggle.
I recently found somewhere selling skunk for $22 a gram. That's $154 or £119 a quarter lmfao. Where do these guys come from?
Even in Vietnam skunk is only $16 a gram for top quality, and teachers get paid double or more and the holidays consist of only two weeks a year.hehehe. Cambodian expats, you couldn't make it up.
Last edited by AlonzoPartriz on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
See crook!!!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: There's a Barang Running Around Phnom Penh Selling Meat Pies in Hostess Bars

Post by phuketrichard »

he could be on to something; :beer3:

Lady pie , http://ladypie.com/ started out selling to expats and now she is all over,
Of course all her pies are cooked to the correct requirements,( fda thai approved) wonder if his are ( doubt it) but than doubt much is in Cambodia :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

AlonzoPartriz wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 am Why don't most expats state the prices? Did you forget?....Cambodian expats, you couldn't make it up.
Pineapple boy hates all the Cambodians and all the foreigners. His life must suck, if only he could get back to Scotland. :lol:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:02 am
AlonzoPartriz wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:22 am Why don't most expats state the prices? Did you forget?....Cambodian expats, you couldn't make it up.
Pineapple boy hates all the Cambodians and all the foreigners. His life must suck, if only he could get back to Scotland. :lol:
Quite the opposite is true. I am doing well thanks. Lots of new clients. How about you ? Still working for BELTEI :D
See crook!!!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

But...are the pies actually any good? I'm still yet to try a decent meat pie in Cambodia, disappointed every time (I think we already have a meat pie thread or two).
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

:beer1: pies are $4.50 and sausage rolls are $3.50,we have chunky beef,chicken and mushroom,mince and onion and curry beef pies.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 am :beer1: pies are $4.50 and sausage rolls are $3.50,we have chunky beef,chicken and mushroom,mince and onion and curry beef pies.
How much extra for sauce?
PIEMAN
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PIEMAN »

sauce is free,start my round at pussy bar 9-45pm up 136st to phnom penh hilton,down 130st from angry birds usually finished by 136 bar.
Meat pie Sausage Roll come on Rovers score a goal.
https://www.facebook.com/Pieman-Phnom-P ... 711967235/
Mrwhippy
Expatriate

Post by Mrwhippy »

Great round, just like a milkman 😊 I tried to find you last night but was always behind. The only thing left was a creampie (oooh)
saigonjackpot
Expatriate
Finland

Post by saigonjackpot »

PIEMAN wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:19 am sauce is free,start my round at pussy bar 9-45pm up 136st to phnom penh hilton,down 130st from angry birds usually finished by 136 bar.
Pie man is a legend
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic