A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8564
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 156
Australia

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby StroppyChops » Thu May 29, 2014 10:51 pm

News to me...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Posts: 733
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am
Karma: 2
Nigeria

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby Garry.Crabtree » Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm

I heard that over a thousand American children die every month as a cause of junk-food related diets.

Ba da ba ba baaa, I'm lovin' it!
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 6
United States of America

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:00 pm

pistolsrule wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:And whisky is to blame for people being drunk... not people's inability to limit their consumption to reasonable levels.
You're a smart bloke. That old worthless argument is so tired and flat by now. And the availability of guns? Aint no gun no one ever kilt no one ever - it was dem crazy peoples!...Bla Bal Bla...

Obviously with fully a third of people in the West overweight there is a systemic problem with food choice, presentation, information, distribution, etc. So all those tubby people are simply dumb fools making active decisions about making themselves sick by overeating? Maybe the "food processing" system needs to be changed?

Something is amiss these days compared to just 20 years ago...and the heavy promotion of fast food aint helping the growing health crisis. They are just corporations (like tobacco and gun makers) who don't care a whit about the welfare of their consumers. So what's new there, eh?
And the guy who made my computer doesn't care about me either. The bastard.
Businesses job isn't to "care about" customers. It's to provide products and services for a profit and care about it's shareholders. We moved away from the "nanny state" only so sit here and complain about them not being nanny enough!? Absurd. Let people make their own decisions and choices... if anything, stop spending public money on the results of their poor choices.

And I honestly doubt it's volume/healthiness of food alone. In the last 20 years x-box has replaced bicycle, american idol has replaced going for a walk, facebook has replaced lets meet up and shoot some hoops... that list goes on and on. Really the argument that's gotten tired, in my opinion (and this is all opinions), is the one of blaming the object people want/use for people wanting/using it. stop copping out of personal responsibility... these are supposed to be adults we're talking about, not kids. (Yes, kids get obese on fast food and no activity... but an adult is the one who bought it for them and let them be lazy bastards.)
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby Joker Poker » Thu May 29, 2014 11:07 pm

No offence OD, but hopefully you'll reread this later and realise that what you describe here are the symptoms of a very sick society. Unsustainable.
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 6
United States of America

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:10 pm

Joker Poker wrote:No offence OD, but hopefully you'll reread this later and realise that what you describe here are the symptoms of a very sick society. Unsustainable.
Why is expecting people to be personally accountable for their own decisions "sick"?
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1109
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Karma: 0

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby Joker Poker » Thu May 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Because they are too fucking stupid to work it out.

It staggers me, but I realised a long time ago that most people need others to think for them. Fucked up I know, but try and change it...
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 6
United States of America

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Joker Poker wrote:Because they are too fucking stupid to work it out.

It staggers me, but I realised a long time ago that most people need others to think for them. Fucked up I know, but try and change it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, I'd say people got this bad BECAUSE of other people thinking for them... it only helps those who don't help themselves propigate and perpetuate their stupidity. THAT is a system that's unsustainable. Let them figure it out, on their own, with no help when they continually fuck up. If they can't sort it out, then let them die off and make room for those who can to take over raising their kids (if they have any) so that they can teach that generation better.

Sorry kid, your dad died because he couldn't stop shoving pattymelts down his gullet... have a salad and lets talk about some changes that you need to learn about.
pistolsrule
Tourist
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 pm
Karma: 0

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby pistolsrule » Fri May 30, 2014 12:45 am

OrangeDragon wrote:
Joker Poker wrote:Because they are too fucking stupid to work it out.

It staggers me, but I realised a long time ago that most people need others to think for them. Fucked up I know, but try and change it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwinism" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, I'd say people got this bad BECAUSE of other people thinking for them... it only helps those who don't help themselves propigate and perpetuate their stupidity. THAT is a system that's unsustainable. Let them figure it out, on their own, with no help when they continually fuck up. If they can't sort it out, then let them die off and make room for those who can to take over raising their kids (if they have any) so that they can teach that generation better.

Sorry kid, your dad died because he couldn't stop shoving pattymelts down his gullet... have a salad and lets talk about some changes that you need to learn about.
The penultimate Libertarian stance against the allegedly evil "Nanny State". No regulatory laws re: behaviour, eh? Bullshit. That weathered worn out cliche - "As long as it doesn't "directly" hurt anyone else - just do whatever you want". Too simplistic, Brother.

When people are "allowed" to be stupid it costs the State and that eats up taxes and who pays? (i.e. shoot people because it's their right to own assault weapons, become unhealthy because it's their right to, abuse their own kids because they are their kids - not the State's, be reckless on the roads because it is their right to drive anyway they damn well want to, etc.)? The innocents pay for the fools because of the individual's right to "not think".

That's why so many nasty brain-dead jerks fled their own country - to come here and act wild and free and unfettered. Libertarian White-Skinned Cowboys on Enduros. Impressive indeed.
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4183
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 6
United States of America

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby OrangeDragon » Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 am

Your last two examples in that list show how weak your argument is... because those things ARE hurting others. Kids are people as well you know... as are other drivers.

If they shoot people, they pay. Crime is punished, and often that includes seizure of assets/etc which are then auctioned. If they get unhealthy, let them die. Don't pay to keep them alive or get them healthy.

Just like when the ones come here to act wild and free, but can't handle it, and die. Good on em. Gene pool got one moron smaller. And you notice it didn't cost Cambodia to take care of them... because they didn't. Society not being your nursemaid is much cheaper than expecting all of society to take you to raise like you're an overgrown 14 year old simply because you act like one.

I heard sex can lead to health issues and cronic diseases (as well as single parents who have to collect social monies to raise the kids)... should we ban that for grown adults as well?
pistolsrule
Tourist
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 10:14 pm
Karma: 0

Re: A tale of 2 Burger Kings.

Postby pistolsrule » Fri May 30, 2014 1:01 am

OrangeDragon wrote:Your last two examples in that list show how weak your argument is... because those things ARE hurting others. Kids are people as well you know... as are other drivers.

If they shoot people, they pay. Crime is punished, and often that includes seizure of assets/etc which are then auctioned. If they get unhealthy, let them die. Don't pay to keep them alive or get them healthy.

Just like when the ones come here to act wild and free, but can't handle it, and die. Good on em. Gene pool got one moron smaller. And you notice it didn't cost Cambodia to take care of them... because they didn't. Society not being your nursemaid is much cheaper than expecting all of society to take you to raise like you're an overgrown 14 year old simply because you act like one.

I heard sex can lead to health issues and cronic diseases (as well as single parents who have to collect social monies to raise the kids)... should we ban that for grown adults as well?
A) Most parents feel that they alone "own" their kids and loathe any State interference in anyway anywhere in the world - especially here - "abuse" can be defined in many ways...

B) Most White Boys on Enduros here in PP are delighted that they don't have to obey any traffic regulations and could care less if they injure or kill others...

C) Parenthood "should" definitely be regulated...obviously....sex is another matter...in fact, I'm currently trying to regulate my own..but to no avail...


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: frank lee bent and 138 guests