Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
bittermelon
Expatriate
Posts: 414
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 am
Reputation: 155
New Zealand

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by bittermelon »

sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:55 pm ImageImage


I can't believe you're bringing JC into this. Everyone knows he was a commie hippy. Apparently he fed 5000 people FOR FREE, people who didn't have the foresight to pack their own lunch. Can you imagine what a smack in the face that was for those who took their own sandwiches?
User avatar
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Posts: 3018
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:49 am
Reputation: 551
Location: Sihanoukville
Korea North

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by cptrelentless »

bittermelon wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 pm
sigmoid wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:55 pm ImageImage


I can't believe you're bringing JC into this. Everyone knows he was a commie hippy. Apparently he fed 5000 people FOR FREE, people who didn't have the foresight to pack their own lunch. Can you imagine what a smack in the face that was for those who took their own sandwiches?
Also, Jesus was a devout jew for his entire life, and unless you have the end of your cock chopped off he wouldn't have given a shit if you lived or died. It was Paul who changed the rules after he was dead.
Dog
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm
Reputation: 7
Cambodia

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by Dog »

Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 358
Vietnam

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I'd donate... but I spent that money on expat health insurance policy premiums.
You could be next.
User avatar
Artfarty
BANNED
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:15 pm
Reputation: 5
Afghanistan

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by Artfarty »

:shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 5680
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 3894
Cambodia

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by clutchcargo »

Cleaned up a few off topic posts.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
Posts: 1634
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am
Reputation: 1076
United States of America

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Artfarty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am :shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
There is a link to the gofundme page listed. You could always ask. I have found that when you talk to someone as opposed to about someone often you will find the answer you were looking for, but then it is far more difficult to be dismissive to a dying man's family as it is anonymously on a forum.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am
Reputation: 222
Cambodia

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by canucklhead »

fax wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm
Artfarty wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:15 pm No one ever mentioned pneumonia. It was speculated that he contracted either bronchitis or phenomena.

phe·nom·e·na
/fəˈnämənə/

plural form of phenomenon.

Tell me of this disease and how it is cured, my friend. Obviously much a funnier form of the illness than terminal cancer
He's talking about pneumonia.
Maybe the phenomenon of pneumonia?
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 4231
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1408
Great Britain

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by AndyKK »

Artfarty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am :shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
That's a nice price for a flight back to the UK, did you look it up on the internet, and is it from Phnom Penh, with how many stops and hours before a sick person gets home?
I ask this because I was not that lucky when I needed a flight in a emergency. 4 days and I was on my way from Bangkok one-way with one stop before arriving home in the UK 17 hours with a price tag of $1,600 economy class.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
User avatar
cautious colin
Expatriate
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 am
Reputation: 308
Great Britain

Re: Sick British Expat DALE WOODS Needs GoFundMe Help to Get Home

Post by cautious colin »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:21 pm
Artfarty wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am :shock:
Dog wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 am Sad but if he is terminally ill and really that far gone that he is in a coma then the best thing to do for his young family would be to move him out of hospital and pump him full of painkillers until he dies. Save the money for the kids. No point in spending thousands to fly him to UK only to have him drop off the perch a couple of weeks later.
Curious as to what it was he was doing to help people
A ticket to UK is 400 USD. What are the thousands for?
That's a nice price for a flight back to the UK, did you look it up on the internet, and is it from Phnom Penh, with how many stops and hours before a sick person gets home?
I ask this because I was not that lucky when I needed a flight in a emergency. 4 days and I was on my way from Bangkok one-way with one stop before arriving home in the UK 17 hours with a price tag of $1,600 economy class.
$400 seems a little cheap. Just taking a quick look though you could get one for Saturday for $438 on Emirates (2 stopper, 19 hour total flight time)

The shortest time is usually with Thai, same day would be $1,290 (15 h 10 m) or EVA air for $840 - same time.

$1,600 seems outrageously expensive, although the time of year could make a big difference.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angsta, Arget, Bing [Bot], Bong Kri, Born-Confused, Cowshed Cowboy, Ghostwriter, Grand Barong, HappyChappy, Majestic-12 [Bot], Matty9999, siliconlife, SINUS, username and 616 guests