SAM RAINSY to Return to Cambodia July 19!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: SAM RAINSY to Return to Cambodia July 19!

Post by flying chicken »

The Chinese are in it for economic reason. The VN influence on the other hand affects the living of millions of poor Khmer in this country, read: Svay rieng, Phom penh, Kampot, Siem Reap...and its just on keeping expanding. Most of big decisions, the Khmer lapdogs need to consult their VN master for approval.

I don't follow much on the politics of CNRP, but IMO, it is the only alternative people can turn to to get their voice heard.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

Sailorman wrote:...Angkor Air has gotten the government to block airlines from being able to fly to Sihanoukville. (This includes, but is not limited to Air Asia and Cambodian Air.)...
Interesting. Could you provide a link to the reference for that please.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

flying chicken wrote:The Chinese are in it for economic reason. The VN influence on the other hand affects the living of millions of poor Khmer in this country, read: Svay rieng, Phom penh, Kampot, Siem Reap...and its just on keeping expanding. Most of big decisions, the Khmer lapdogs need to consult their VN master for approval.

I don't follow much on the politics of CNRP, but IMO, it is the only alternative people can turn to to get their voice heard.
You think the economy would improve if Kem Sokha had his way and all the Yuon were deported (which was his pre-CNRP position)? Markets, fishing, construction, rubber, skilled trades? Personally I think not. Vietnamese have been crucial to the Cambodian economy since the 1880s.
Using Tapatalk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

LTO wrote:
Sailorman wrote:...Angkor Air has gotten the government to block airlines from being able to fly to Sihanoukville. (This includes, but is not limited to Air Asia and Cambodian Air.)...
On behalf of Sailorman. A close source told me the vn owned Cambodian Angkor Air have the monopoly in the domestic air routes. No link.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

flying chicken wrote:
LTO wrote:
On behalf of Sailorman. A close source told me the vn owned Cambodian Angkor Air have the monopoly in the domestic air routes. No link.
You could at least try to be accurate. It's a joint venture in which the Cambodian government has 51% share.
Using Tapatalk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

JBTrain wrote:
flying chicken wrote:The Chinese are in it for economic reason. The VN influence on the other hand affects the living of millions of poor Khmer in this country, read: Svay rieng, Phom penh, Kampot, Siem Reap...and its just on keeping expanding. Most of big decisions, the Khmer lapdogs need to consult their VN master for approval.

You think the economy would improve if Kem Sokha had his way and all the Yuon were deported (which was his pre-CNRP position)? Markets, fishing, construction, rubber, skilled trades? Personally I think not. Vietnamese have been crucial to the Cambodian economy since the 1880s.
Are you fucking with me JB? I dont know about the economy in the 1880s, but in the contemporary and recent past Cambodia the VN has taken a lot of Cambodian natural resources and occupied the prime lands too from the sellout Khmers. Cambodia to the eyes of the VN govt is a camp for the poor and opportunists to migrate to seek better opportunities.

Cambodia is trapped by an Asian giant and a cunning neighbor. If she is not going to be break free, internal war will be inevitable.

In term of Kem Sokha, SR the CNRP, were they were to deport the Vietnamese; there will be protest as there are friendships bonded among honest individuals. And most Khmers expressed they have no problem having the numerous number of legal VN living in this country; but the illegal ones need to return back. As of current, the legals and illegals can cross borders with impunity.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

flying chicken wrote:
LTO wrote:
Sailorman wrote:...Angkor Air has gotten the government to block airlines from being able to fly to Sihanoukville.  (This includes, but is not limited to Air Asia and Cambodian Air.)...
Yes, I understand that VN has a significant interest in Cambodia Angkor Air (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodia_Angkor_Air). I am interested in a link to the source of the government blocking Air Asia and Cambodian Air's attempts to get access to the Sihanoukville route. 
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

JBTrain wrote:
flying chicken wrote:
LTO wrote:
You could at least try to be accurate. It's a joint venture in which the Cambodian government has 51% share.
On paper maybe. Anyone who lives here long enough knows how things roll.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

flying chicken wrote:
JBTrain wrote:

Cambodia to the eyes of the VN govt is a camp for the poor and opportunists to migrate to seek better opportunities.
Maybe you should read history and keep up with CNRP cuz in a nutshell, you don't know what you're talking about. And I'm afraid just being Khmer or living in Cambodia a long time doesn't mean people can't be completely clueless (not aimed at you particularly).
Using Tapatalk
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

CNRP aside. Many and many Cambodians including the youths are starting to listen and follow the LDP leader, a Prey Veng born. His support and donations came from the will volunteer donators. His speech sounds angry to the ears foreigners, but there are a lot of truth in what he said if you can understand it.

In term of the CNRP, there seem to be a lot of conflict internally happening in their party. I.e. who should be the foreman and the second in charge etc. Fuck that!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic