river level

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: river level

Post by pczz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 am

Duncan wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
I think you are going to be out of luck there. the bottom 10m is below sea level, in PP anyway
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time



.
Dam .
frizzie77
Expatriate
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 pm
Reputation: 220
Cambodia

Re: river level

Post by frizzie77 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am

Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time
I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all.
In short: bullshit.

This year's level is indeed the lowest in LIVING memory.
And it's a disaster.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: river level

Post by pczz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 am

frizzie77 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am
Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time
I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all.
In short: bullshit.

This year's level is indeed the lowest in LIVING memory.
And it's a disaster.
Sorry duncan you are wrong. i have some photos somehwere. Will dig the out for you
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: river level

Post by pczz » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 am

Picture for Duncan Riverside march 2013 Image
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: river level

Post by Duncan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:38 am

frizzie77 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:55 am
Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time
I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all.
In short: bullshit.


This year's level is indeed the lowest in LIVING memory.
And it's a disaster.
I agree with that,,,, BUT IT WAS NOT MY QUOTE. I did not say that.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: river level

Post by Duncan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 am

pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 am
Duncan wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
I think you are going to be out of luck there. the bottom 10m is below sea level, in PP anyway
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time



.
Dam .
Hey Mods,, Sort this out. I dont like being quoted for things I didn't say. Especially when the spelling is so bad. graing srtream

These are my posts.

I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .

Dam .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Cambodia

Re: river level

Post by Kammekor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:17 am

pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:24 am
Picture for Duncan Riverside march 2013 Image
One small difference, we hardly entered the dry season and the rivers are nearly dry, your shot was taken towards the end of the dry season.
I flew in from Taiwan last week and both the Mekong and the Tonle Sap were small streams with loads of islands and huge sandy river banks. Usually there’s much much more water this time of year.
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: river level

Post by Duncan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:26 am

Duncan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:49 am
pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:49 am
Duncan wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:33 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:36 pm
Duncan wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:15 am
I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .
I think you are going to be out of luck there. the bottom 10m is below sea level, in PP anyway
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time



.
Dam .
Hey Mods,, Sort this out. I dont like being quoted for things I didn't say. Especially when the spelling is so bad. graing srtream

These are my posts.

I want to be in the Guinness book of records as the first person to ever walk across the Mekong and Tonlie Sap without getting their feet wet .

Dam .


by pczz
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 am
Forum: General Chatter
Topic: river level
Replies: 26
Views: 1306
Great Britain
Re: river level
sometime around 10 years ago you could have jumped across it. River was so low cows were graing the bottom and it was a srtream only a couple of metres wide at that time I've been living here since 2003 and I don't remember that at all. In short: bullshit. This year's level is indeed the lowest in ...
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Posts: 1319
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 pm
Reputation: 619
Kiribati

Re: river level

Post by Phnom Poon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 am

i don't think that's not the mekong, but the bassaac or one of those other side channels

.

monstra mihi bona!
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2884
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 1072
Cambodia

Re: river level

Post by Kammekor » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

Phnom Poon wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:42 am
i don't think that's not the mekong, but the bassaac or one of those other side channels
The bottom is certainly not 10m below sea level....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jack.R., John Bingham, NitNoi, phuketrichard and 244 guests