Rate your partner's ability/inability to travel

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Rate your partner's ability/inability to travel

Post by Spigzy »

Only difficulty is applying for visas to UK/EU which she needs my help for; everything else an absolute breeze.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Mishmash wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm Going shopping with a woman... Nooooo... Her - shops. Me - beer garden.. The longer she takes to make her mind up, the less stress I get. :beer2:
And the less money to pay your bar bill :stir:
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

pczz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:38 am
Mishmash wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:19 pm Going shopping with a woman... Nooooo... Her - shops. Me - beer garden.. The longer she takes to make her mind up, the less stress I get. :beer2:
Separate budget items from the Treasury by my Minister of Finance. :thumb:

It's physically impossible for me to drink the entire beer budget even with some friends to help every day - just the way I like it... :beer1:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Rate your partner's ability/inability to travel
I never really understood you breeders and your requirement of a full time female cohort, so suffice to say, personally, it's something i never have to consider.
Bedazzler!
Expatriate

Post by Bedazzler! »

My wife loves to travel, but I get frustrated traveling with her.

Whenever I tell her something like "We have to leave the house at 11:00 a.m." this means that at exactly 10:59 a.m. she will go into the bathroom for 7-10 minutes.

She has been to 7 countries know, flown more than a dozen times, but is still basically incapable of catching a flight anywhere on her own. She seems to have no concept of the difference between flight time and boarding time. It totally befuddles her when she checks in for a 2 p.m. flight and then she gets a boarding pass that says boarding time 1:20 p.m., but to find her departure gate on the screen she has to know the flight time, which is 2 p.m., not the 1:20 p.m. printed on the thing in her hand.

Same problem collecting luggage. She flew from Phnom Penh to Singapore once and went to the baggage claim screens to find her flight and baggage carousel number. She couldn't find it. She was staring at the cities starting with "S" for Singapore.

She frequently stops to use airport bathrooms and then spends 10 minutes in there every time while I'm standing outside holding her bag.

When I was single, I always booked an aisle seat. Now,I have to sit in the middle seat at least half the time. Usually more than half the time, because the solo traveler in the window seat is usually a man and she wants me to sit next to strange men.

She has no interest in using Google Maps and learning where things are on her own. Asking a Cambodian to use Google Maps is like asking a chimpanzee to solve a Rubik's cube.

I have taken it upon myself to just walk into the airport with her and say nothing and tell her find out how to check in, board the flight, find the luggage, etc. and she always fails and resents me making her try to do it on her own.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Confucious says,,, He who travels fastest ,, travels alone.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Mishmash wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:55 am
pczz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:38 am
Separate budget items from the Treasury by my Minister of Finance. :thumb:

It's physically impossible for me to drink the entire beer budget even with some friends to help every day - just the way I like it... :beer1:
I would worry if I were you. if you cannot spend your beer budget bet she cannot spend her handbag budget , 1 beer for you, 1 handbag for me, totally fair :stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic