One less rude Khmer butting in line...

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Re: One less rude Khmer butting in line...

Post by Joker Poker » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:18 am

takeoman wrote:Outside of Phnom Penh, and the few other places with a large foreign presence, queues are unheard of. If you ever visit the market in Takeo Town you could well end up gathering moss if you stand politely waiting to be served. :hattip:
Yes, I'm sure this is true - yet some of us are hoping that Cambodia will move away from the stone age. It's as though they take their driving attitude/etiquette with them, and this, in my opinion, is a window into the utter contempt that some folk here seem to have for their fellow countrymen or foreigners alike.

Occasionally I go to the money laundry building and I notice that they have a ticketed queueing system, it seems dreadfully slow but I've never seen any pushy bong thoms try to queue jump. Seen a few quite confused by the system mind you.

I do find it a bit embarrassing when I go to pay my power bill at Wat Phnom or pay the water bill near the big laundry and the staff call me up to the counter, ignoring the Khmer customers. In fact, I've apologised to a few folk who were put on hold.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic