NGOs and desperate marketing

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

NGOs and desperate marketing

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:41 pm

This is pretty poor form, IMO.

Got an email from LinkedIn with the latest job offers for Cambodia, and noticed this from Sunshine Children's Villages:

Great, except that's a volunteer position. Most other NGOs put the word 'volunteer' in the job listing, so how desperate does one 'fund' need to be that they'll use click-bait in this way.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: NGOs and desperate marketing

Post by flying chicken » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:34 pm

I saw quite a few of those at camhr.com and bongthom.com. There were also a few opening positions advertised on Linkedin which paid close to 6 figures salary.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:53 am

StroppyChops wrote:This is pretty poor form, IMO.

Got an email from LinkedIn with the latest job offers for Cambodia, and noticed this from Sunshine Children's Villages:

Great, except that's a volunteer position. Most other NGOs put the word 'volunteer' in the job listing, so how desperate does one 'fund' need to be that they'll use click-bait in this way.
I see this time around, Sunshine Children's Villages have readvertised with the word "Volunteer" at the start of the job listing. I'd say somebody over there is reading CEO.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 am

Be careful of LinkedIn stalkers there StroppyChops.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 am

Digg3r wrote:Be careful of LinkedIn stalkers there StroppyChops.
Mate, I'm careful of LinkedIn.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic