New Section Suggestions?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Postby Soi Dog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 am

^not so much a crazy idea. I always thought a live chatroom part of the forum would be an interesting idea. Something different, anyway. This allows for live conversation via scrolling text to take place between dozens of members simultaneously. I haven't seen one of these live chatrooms for ages. They could be quite fun back then. Then we could call each other awful, childish names in real time. :thumb:
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Postby EdinWigan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:09 am

Soi Dog wrote:^not so much a crazy idea. I always thought a live chatroom part of the forum would be an interesting idea. Something different, anyway. This allows for live conversation via scrolling text to take place between dozens of members simultaneously. I haven't seen one of these live chatrooms for ages. They could be quite fun back then. Then we could call each other awful, childish names in real time. :thumb:
:thumb:

Although maybe a little difficult to keep a record of
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Palestine

Postby vladimir » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

Do interviews with long-term posters/ residents.
Oh, Carruthers, if you can hear me, wave your antennae.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:32 pm

vladimir wrote:Do interviews with long-term posters/ residents.
If you look at the top of the page you'll see we just added an article system while you were sleeping. ;-)
clippy
Expatriate

Postby clippy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:28 pm

maybe health and wellness advice?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:29 pm

clippy wrote:maybe health and wellness advice?
i like!
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Canada

Postby FreeSocrates! » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:08 pm

EdinWigan wrote:How about a 'Night Shift' section/thread ? :D It is 22:30, local time, here at the CEO Consulate in Wigan, we are in the mood for chat and banter but, alas it is 04:30 there, so we have no one to chat with
I think an IRC channel might be a cool experiment.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Thinking about a "shoutbox"... we'll see.
HotRecruiter
Expatriate

Postby HotRecruiter » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:59 pm

How about an OFF-ROAD MOTORBIKE section? This is the Kingdom of Off-roading in SE Asia. THE best in the area. Lots of us have them, and want to get more info on them, parts, rides, routes, etc...
ali baba
Expatriate

Postby ali baba » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Not sure what you're plans are for a front page but consumer reports would be cool. You could review different phone cos and ISPs and give an overview of different markets and supermarkets. Also comparing different motos and cars.

I think this would be much more useful to long term expats than the musings of multiple short-term residents/ long-term tourists.

Also interviews of old hands. The interviews on 440 had a lot of promise but fell flat.
Scarier than malaria.

• Advertisement
Booking.com