New Section Suggestions?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: New Section Suggestions?

Postby OrangeDragon » Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 pm

for now, target that to the "Rest of the world" section. if it becomes excessive we'll branch it off.
Ttr
Expatriate

Postby Ttr » Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 pm

The Beer section is missing. :facepalm:
giblet
Expatriate

Postby giblet » Fri May 16, 2014 9:24 pm

Teaching
Thailand transplants

I also think some location based sub-forums might be good for Kampot/Kep, Siem Reap even Battambang (Sihanoukville already has a forum).
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Postby thePeck » Fri May 16, 2014 9:25 pm

StroppyChops wrote:Do you have a photo of a dog taking photos? Not saying you're lying, but...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
I could see fitting a dog with google glasses and then him taking pictures when he barks. Sounds plausible.
Ttr
Expatriate

Postby Ttr » Sat May 17, 2014 2:09 am

thePeck wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:Do you have a photo of a dog taking photos? Not saying you're lying, but...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
I could see fitting a dog with google glasses and then him taking pictures when he barks. Sounds plausible.
Sounds like an awesome drinking game.

Link the dog up to the bars television screen, a live video feed might be interesting...
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Sat May 17, 2014 2:54 am

giblet wrote:Teaching
Thailand transplants
both great ideas in my opinion...
giblet wrote: I also think some location based sub-forums might be good for Kampot/Kep, Siem Reap even Battambang (Sihanoukville already has a forum).
'Living In' has those, and honestly they make it confusing. If i have a ? about _________ but happen to be in ______ city do i post it for just that city or in general? Or both?
giblet
Expatriate

Postby giblet » Sat May 17, 2014 1:23 pm

I know what you mean, and I think those subforums don't work until you have critical mass from the particular city, however you'll never get critical mass without having the subforum to start with. The forums are very Phnom Penh-centric. If someone has a question like, "Where do I buy cardboard boxes?" if they are in Phnom Penh they can ask on a forum, but if they aren't, they will ask on Facebook group dedicated to their city. Maybe it's okay to leave it that way, or maybe it might be worth trying to lure some of those Facebook users over here.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Postby flying chicken » Sat May 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Don't know if this has already been said, but a Khmer language section is a must have.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Sat May 17, 2014 3:05 pm

How about just a Language section... khmer, viet, german, french... whatever? Have a language post, post it there.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Postby flying chicken » Sat May 17, 2014 3:32 pm

Might be a bit vague, but its all good.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©

• Advertisement
Booking.com