New scam from the cops?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

New scam from the cops?

Post by joelightcloud »

I was visited today by 3 gentlemen who pulled up in a nice new police SUV, two local police and one military saying I needed to buy a fire extinguisher and showed me photographs of different types of extinguishers.

I said I didn't need one, they said your neighbor cooperated with us I said that was nice but I still didn't need one. I closed the gate, they said they would be back. I said ok then.

New 'scam'?
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: New scam from the cops?

Post by Captain Bonez »

Old scam
Keep your money in your socks and fuck, and get massaged, with your socks on

This.

̿ ̿'̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

What he ^^^ said.
There's someone in my head, but it's not me.

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
mcam
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by mcam »

They came around our borey before Xmas. A house had a massive fire in the borey near us so after that they came knocking on everyones door asking if we wanted to buy one.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

You have to have a fire extinguisher if you are a business or you rent rooms to non family members. you do not have to buy them from the polce, there are approved ones available on the open market. For my own safety, given the number rof electrical fires in this country, i like to have one in my room that can deal with electrical fire
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic