Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
giblet
Expatriate
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Reputation: 3

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by giblet » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Do you think Mu Sochea is comparable to Somaly Mam in that she's a shameless self-promoter or do you think that like Mam, she's presenting a very different public face than what is true? Ie. Do you think Mu Sochea is corrupt, unethical, etc. or are you just annoyed at how much face time she gets in the press?
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by OrangeDragon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:22 pm

takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:i'm just waiting to see him in public!!!!

;-)

Kidding, I don't do grudges over debate topics.
Like Howard Hughes I am, rarely,if ever seen in public, so it might prove to be an exceptionally long wait. :hattip:
Do you keep your pee in jars?
In rather nice bottles, labelled Ganzberg. A pleasant German gentleman collects them from me, don't know what he wants with them. :hattip:
I suspect he smuggles them to Laos and transplants them to Beer Lao cans...
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by takeoman » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:37 pm

giblet wrote:Do you think Mu Sochea is comparable to Somaly Mam in that she's a shameless self-promoter or do you think that like Mam, she's presenting a very different public face than what is true? Ie. Do you think Mu Sochea is corrupt, unethical, etc. or are you just annoyed at how much face time she gets in the press?
Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
giblet
Expatriate
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Reputation: 3

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by giblet » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:45 pm

takeoman wrote:Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
I'll admit that I don't know enough about her to make any substantial comment, but with most politicians here, it's easy enough to say why you don't like them. Ie. they've done something terrible already. With her, I can't think of anything terrible.
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by takeoman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:54 am

giblet wrote:
takeoman wrote:Her constant self promotion is indeed why I compare her to Somaly Mam. As to her public/private face and ethics,she's a politician. She doesn't annoy me, I am genuinely baffled as to why so many ex pats rate her so highly. :hattip:
I'll admit that I don't know enough about her to make any substantial comment, but with most politicians here, it's easy enough to say why you don't like them. Ie. they've done something terrible already. With her, I can't think of anything terrible.
I'm not aware of any terrible skeletons rattling around in her cupboard but neither am I aware of any marvelous achievements, which would justify the acclaim she receives from many in the ex pat community. At times she reminds me more of a 60's student activist, jumping on every bandwagon,rushing to join every demo. I'm hoping that LTO, or one of the other political sages, can explain her appeal. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 126

Re: Let's Get Back To Political Infighting.

Post by Joker Poker » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:15 pm

takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:i'm just waiting to see him in public!!!!

;-)

Kidding, I don't do grudges over debate topics.
Like Howard Hughes I am, rarely,if ever seen in public, so it might prove to be an exceptionally long wait. :hattip:
Do you keep your pee in jars?
In rather nice bottles, labelled Ganzberg. A pleasant German gentleman collects them from me, don't know what he wants with them. :hattip:
Now I understand Ganzberg. It's been bugging me for months as to how it was so disgusting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post