Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 110
Cambodia

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by shnoukieBRO » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:41 pm

Do online research regarding which Bay is the right one for you.
Also : Both islands have beautiful secluded bays. You can do both Islands on a $22 return ticket. You just pay 5$ to cross from one Island to the next.
These Island and are a total break from the Chaotic mess of the Mainland.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am

Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 110
Cambodia

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by shnoukieBRO » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am

pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am
Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
Peeps choose Ko Rongz coz it's not ruined (so much) by tourism like the ones u mention
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:27 am

shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am
Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
Peeps choose Ko Rongz coz it's not ruined (so much) by tourism like the ones u mention
Not ruined? ur having a laff. the russians and chinese have been ruining them for years. There are still parts of Ko Chang and Ko Samui that are almost ubntouched if have a moto. Also deserted beached beftween snooky and Koh Kong and kohkong and thai border
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1086
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by AndyKK » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:00 am

pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:27 am
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am
Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
Peeps choose Ko Rongz coz it's not ruined (so much) by tourism like the ones u mention
Not ruined? ur having a laff. the russians and chinese have been ruining them for years. There are still parts of Ko Chang and Ko Samui that are almost ubntouched if have a moto. Also deserted beached beftween snooky and Koh Kong and kohkong and thai border
I have always had a soft spot for Koh Chang and the bottom of the island Bang Boa, here if you pass the Pier on your right and run to the bays, when I had been over the years, most businesses were Khmer run.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by pczz » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm

AndyKK wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:00 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:27 am
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am
Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
Peeps choose Ko Rongz coz it's not ruined (so much) by tourism like the ones u mention
Not ruined? ur having a laff. the russians and chinese have been ruining them for years. There are still parts of Ko Chang and Ko Samui that are almost ubntouched if have a moto. Also deserted beached beftween snooky and Koh Kong and kohkong and thai border
I have always had a soft spot for Koh Chang and the bottom of the island Bang Boa, here if you pass the Pier on your right and run to the bays, when I had been over the years, most businesses were Khmer run.
There are a lot of Khmer staff on Koh Chang. I used to drive that way to pattaya and most of the petrol station attendants were also Khmer
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 3383
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 1086
Great Britain

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by AndyKK » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:50 am

pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:59 pm
AndyKK wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:00 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:27 am
shnoukieBRO wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:20 am
pczz wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:11 am
Fly to Koh Samui or Koh chang and have a good time for less with not a casinao in sight, clean beaches, drinkable water and good food
Peeps choose Ko Rongz coz it's not ruined (so much) by tourism like the ones u mention
Not ruined? ur having a laff. the russians and chinese have been ruining them for years. There are still parts of Ko Chang and Ko Samui that are almost ubntouched if have a moto. Also deserted beached beftween snooky and Koh Kong and kohkong and thai border
I have always had a soft spot for Koh Chang and the bottom of the island Bang Boa, here if you pass the Pier on your right and run to the bays, when I had been over the years, most businesses were Khmer run.
There are a lot of Khmer staff on Koh Chang. I used to drive that way to pattaya and most of the petrol station attendants were also Khmer
There is a little history here -

https://explorekohchang.com/koh-chang/history/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am
Reputation: 110
Cambodia

Re: Koh Rong- any tips or cautions?

Post by shnoukieBRO » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:20 pm

In terms of unspoilt vibes: Ko Rongz better than Samui by miles. And according to online reports Ko Chang has had its day.

Of course if you want full on commercial then head to Thailand. But if u want Thailand 20 years ago head to Rongz.

:stir:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 282 guests