Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 3065
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 677

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by Barang chgout » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:17 am

Fair 'nuff. Worth thinking about though.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

User avatar
IraHayes
Expatriate
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 449
Marshall Islands

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave

Post by IraHayes » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:38 am

TheSiemReaper wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am

I think there's a bit of a misconception of this guesthouse here. The foreigners work nearly exclusively behind the bar and for reception, (something you need English speakers for and it makes the guest more comfortable) the majority is local staff from the island who get paid for their work.

The reason I'm on here defending this guesthouse and their offer is because it seems I'm the only one who knows the on ground situation and members of the staff, whereas everyone else just goes off on this because THEY wouldn't work for free. But these are 20-something kids who are more than happy to live on a remote island for a couple of months and live their hippy dream for +-0$.
I seem to recall posting
IraHayes wrote: For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.
Hence why I said she has probably been inundated with offers of help.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16526
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1568
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by General Mackevili » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am

I agree. Anyone should be able to work for free if they want, and this place isn't forcing anyone to volunteer.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
fax
Expatriate
Posts: 2349
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am
Reputation: 1136
Korea North

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by fax » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am

As somewhat of an expert on Swedish chicks I recommend keeping a safe distance. Her generation especially is alarmingly borderline. Cover up, if you must.
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 2180
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 502
Cambodia

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave

Post by AndyKK » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:01 pm

TheSiemReaper wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am
Barang chgout wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:20 pm
TheSiemReaper wrote:
Barang chgout wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:47 pm
IraHayes wrote:All joking aside the lady has probably been inundated with offers. For those travelling on a budget who want to extend their stay in “paradise” this offer, while we are laughing at them, is just what some of them were looking for.

And if she can get western help on a shoestring in exchange for a bed and rice good luck to her. Exploit them some more I say!
Yeah, im still undecided about this whole 'free labour' thing.
Seems to me, pay a Khmer for a month $150, feed a barang for a month, $++.
The Khmer works 8hrs 30 days, does what he's told and doesn't whinge. Dunno many barang who would work as hard for so little.
Also, isn't this taking available work from the Khmer? Why? I guess the people who volunteer for this stuff often do so because they are budget conscious, which of course means......THEY DON'T SPEND, thereby assisting the local economy, not at all....
Just my thoughts anyhoo.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
There's nothing on that island except a few guesthouses, a military outpost and a fishing village, there is no local economy to assist.
And the reason they employ these people instead of all Khmer staff is the same as many other guesthouses because the guest feel more comfortable with having the same 'kind of people' as them greeting them at the reception and bar. Which is not the fault of the guesthouses they just cater to their clients.
Speaking of khmer, as these kids live very close with the local staff a lot of them speak better khmer than most expats after 20 odd years here.
Unbelievable the amount of people commenting on things they have not a single clue about...
As I said, I thought, I'm undecided on this , at this point in time.
I'm not looking to get offensive nor defensive on this one.
I live in OSoam, which I consider slightly remote and not hugely populated nor popular ( this is changing fast), but I guess the fishermen are all cool with someone coming in with free workers while their own kids are going to work as......fishermen.
Again, please don't read this as an argument., I am open to persuasion.
)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
I think there's a bit of a misconception of this guesthouse here. The foreigners work nearly exclusively behind the bar and for reception, (something you need English speakers for and it makes the guest more comfortable) the majority is local staff from the island who get paid for their work.

The reason I'm on here defending this guesthouse and their offer is because it seems I'm the only one who knows the on ground situation and members of the staff, whereas everyone else just goes off on this because THEY wouldn't work for free. But these are 20-something kids who are more than happy to live on a remote island for a couple of months and live their hippy dream for +-0$.
You say you know the situation! So what of the legal situation for the person to work?
User avatar
hanno
Expatriate
Posts: 4717
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 12:37 pm
Reputation: 1110
Location: Siem Reap
Contact:
Germany

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by hanno » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

fax wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:52 am
As somewhat of an expert on Swedish chicks I recommend keeping a safe distance. Her generation especially is alarmingly borderline. Cover up, if you must.
Buying a "Billy" bookcase does not make you an expert :wink:
Whiteslavesofktk
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:59 pm
Reputation: 0
Canada

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by Whiteslavesofktk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 pm

I have personally volunteered at Ten103 for 8 months. 3.5 of those months were for Lois(the Swedish girl in mention). If you have never considered volunteering for accommodation please leave this post as it has NOTHING to do with you!
My time on ktk was an unforgettable adventure and I will most definitely go back. The guesthouse employs(and pays) an array of hard working khmer staff who became good friends in those months. My fellow western volunteers? We are one big happy family and the word "work" only applies some of the time because half the time the bar is just empty and you're literally just hanging out with your friends IN PARADISE. This is not a career move but it is a great way to spend your time!
Last but not least, Lois IS THE BEST, I have nothing but love and respect for her personally and her management style. Anyone interested in this type of experience will have an absolutely phenomenal time!
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 3858
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Reputation: 972
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by taabarang » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 pm

"half the time the bar is just empty..."

Thanks for an insight that explains the wage scale.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
User avatar
AndyKK
Expatriate
Posts: 2180
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:32 am
Reputation: 502
Cambodia

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by AndyKK » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

Should have thought of this (Lois management strategy). Could I have got someone in to manage my bar, then had my holiday? It would be possible I could have got pineapple maybe! Outcome on return no stock nil nil nil profit. Or I maybe wrong.

No pun on you Lois.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 6699
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 2546
Yemen

Re: Hot Swedish Chick Looking for a White Slave in Kampot

Post by John Bingham » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:44 am

Some of you guys seem a bit over-fussy about looks, to an extent that I find unbelievable. That woman in the photos is very pretty, I don't care whether you think she's a "7" or whatever, you don't need to be so judgemental about looks. I wonder what shape some of those posters are in?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post