Show $2000: Kenyan Woman Refused on Flight to Phnom Penh from Bangkok

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Show $2000: Kenyan Woman Refused on Flight to Phnom Penh from Bangkok

Post by frizzie77 »

Quite sure there's more to it than what is being reported.
Nobody has mentioned the odd route she chose: first to Istanbul and then to Bangkok, while there are numerous direct flights between Nairobi and Bangkok and the cheaper non-direct are via Doha. So why via Istanbul which is both a longer flight duration and more expensive than via Doha. Could that have been the red flag in Bangkok?

Another odd thing: "When Renee Ezra woke up on the morning of October 7 to the nudging impulse to travel, she easily chose Cambodia as her destination". Really? You wake up and think: OK, Cambodia it is, let's go and let's go right now!

Plus of course the amount of Kenyan currency in her purse. What was she going to do with that in Cambodia?
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

AnaPol wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:06 am There is always more to the story than JUST what any of these guys, ( here and on Thai visa) say when they were refused entry.
Not in my case. The Thai Immigration assholes just decided to extort 2000 baht out of me.
You could be next.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:37 pm Really? You wake up and think: OK, Cambodia it is, let's go and let's go right now!
That's pretty much what I did. I think it was 6 days before departure that I arranged my flight. Or as No Joke would have said: stopped being a bitch, quit my lame ass job and moved to Cambodia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic