Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12282
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 174
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby General Mackevili » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:55 pm

27b/6 wrote:I visited Cambodia and South East Asia 6 years ago with the wife. Now that she and I have parted ways last year, I thought why not come back and have a look again. There is not much tempting back to the UK. I found this site via Facebook. I hope I can make some friends and draw on your experiences.
Awesome, glad you found us!

Sorry to hear about your breakup, but also glad to hear you've decided to come back to Asia without your previous "baggage," LoL.

You're in Cambodia now or what?

Have fun!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 9529
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 292
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:21 pm

27b/6 wrote:I visited Cambodia and South East Asia 6 years ago with the wife. Now that she and I have parted ways last year, I thought why not come back and have a look again. There is not much tempting back to the UK. I found this site via Facebook. I hope I can make some friends and draw on your experiences.
Welcome brother :hattip:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
27b/6
Tourist
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:02 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby 27b/6 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:03 pm

^ Cheers mate.
Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

Evil: What sort of Supreme Being created such riffraff? Is this not the workings of a complete incompetent?
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12282
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 174
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby General Mackevili » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:Hey, new to the forum, not new to Cambodia,
been floating about over here for most of the past 2.5 years, rent an apartment in Sihanoukville and is where i spend most of my time,
also lived in Thailand as well for while, been all over but ended up settling in Hua Hin,
just thought id drop by and say hello
If theres a Sihnaoukville thread/section could someone please link me :)
cheers
Jamie :good:
And a belated welcome to you, Jamie! !

No specific beach forum/sub-forum, so feel free to start a new topic about Sihanoukville anywhere you want, if need be. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 9529
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 292
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:Hey, new to the forum, not new to Cambodia,
been floating about over here for most of the past 2.5 years, rent an apartment in Sihanoukville and is where i spend most of my time,
also lived in Thailand as well for while, been all over but ended up settling in Hua Hin,
just thought id drop by and say hello
If theres a Sihnaoukville thread/section could someone please link me :)
cheers
Jamie :good:
And a belated welcome to you, Jamie! !

No specific beach forum/sub-forum, so feel free to start a new topic about Sihanoukville anywhere you want, if need be. :thumb:

haha no problem you did send me a private welcoming message so its all cool :beer3: yeah might do thanks :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Samouth
Expatriate
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am
Karma: 2
Location: Phnom Penh
Burundi

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Samouth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:35 pm

sour sdey (hello) all newbie. I am a local, anything about Cambodia and its people you don't understand or know, ask me. :beer3:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
User avatar
27b/6
Tourist
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:02 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby 27b/6 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm

cool
Evil: If I were creating the world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, Day One!

Evil: What sort of Supreme Being created such riffraff? Is this not the workings of a complete incompetent?
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 2974
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 107
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Duncan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Samouth wrote:sour sdey (hello) all newbie. I am a local, anything about Cambodia and its people you don't understand or know, ask me. :beer3:

Samouth,, most of us that live here have about 10,000 things we don't understand about Cambodia and it's people but I think even you don't have the answers. [ or time ]
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
User avatar
Samouth
Expatriate
Posts: 3676
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am
Karma: 2
Location: Phnom Penh
Burundi

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Samouth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:30 pm

Duncan wrote:
Samouth wrote:sour sdey (hello) all newbie. I am a local, anything about Cambodia and its people you don't understand or know, ask me. :beer3:

Samouth,, most of us that live here have about 10,000 things we don't understand about Cambodia and it's people but I think even you don't have the answers. [ or time ]
why not give it a try? If you don't ask how can i answer. You will never know if you don't ask. It is up to you. you can either ask me or bring those questions with you back to your homeland. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
User avatar
Advocatus Diaboli
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm
Karma: 0
Location: Timbuktu

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Advocatus Diaboli » Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Just wanted to say hi. Will be living in PP for a period of 6 month and hope that you can answers some of my questions once I'm there.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], IraHayes, Jaap N., Mira C, STEVITO, whereami and 209 guests