Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby badneighour » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi all,
expat for elven years , six of them in sunny Cambodia. I like it here. It's my sort of town. I just wish I didnt have to work so hard(nine hours aweek).
Is it true that Cambod is the Man, and I should watch myself.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Postby StroppyChops » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:13 pm

You really should slow down on the work hours BN, too many expats falling over with bad hearts here already. Welcome, btw.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Postby badneighour » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:40 am

StroppyChops wrote:You really should slow down on the work hours BN, too many expats falling over with bad hearts here already. Welcome, btw.

Thanks for the welcome Stroopy Chops and advice. Unfortunately, if I don’t work I really fall off the wagon. That’s why I keep such a hectic work schedule. Idle hands and all that...
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Postby EdinWigan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Welcome Bad Neighbour
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:18 am

badneighour wrote: Is it true that Cambod is the Man, and I should watch myself.
Welcome! ! !

And don't worry; Cambod is a polite, young gentleman these days. :twisted:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
badneighour
Expatriate
Falkland Islands

Postby badneighour » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:41 am

General Mackevili wrote:
badneighour wrote: Is it true that Cambod is the Man, and I should watch myself.
Welcome! ! !

And don't worry; Cambod is a polite, young gentleman these days. :twisted:

Thanks for the welcome and I am reassured Cambod has mellowed.
cara
Tourist

Postby cara » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:12 pm

Hi my name is Cara and I am going to be first time expat in 6 months from now.. and the first city will be PP. Quite nervous since it's my first move due to my hubby's relocation. We both currently are working for banks and should we move to Cambodia I will be a stay home mom and I hope to make some friends before we get there.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 pm

cara wrote:Hi my name is Cara and I am going to be first time expat in 6 months from now.. ... I will be a stay home mom and I hope to make some friends before we get there.
Hi Cara, and welcome aboard! !

Many of our members are very friendly and we get together for meet-ups sometimes just for fun.

Also, I assume you will have a lot of questions. Feel free to ask them in our "Ask the Expats" section, and we also have a section just for topics specifically related to women.

Have fun!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Postby Mrs Stroppy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:45 pm

cara wrote:Hi my name is Cara and I am going to be first time expat in 6 months from now.. and the first city will be PP. Quite nervous since it's my first move due to my hubby's relocation. We both currently are working for banks and should we move to Cambodia I will be a stay home mom and I hope to make some friends before we get there.
Hi Cara, welcome to CEO. If you'd like to, send me a pm when you get here and we'll arrange a ladies coffee catch up.
Using Tapatalk
cara
Tourist

Postby cara » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Sure... I will.. :) thanks.. in the mean time I will browse over the forums for any info Cambodia related :D

• Advertisement
Booking.com