Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby General Mackevili » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:52 pm

4000islandsguy wrote: Sorry if that is a bland intro but I am a bland guy. :)
Nice into! (I'd tell you "welcome" but I already replied to you on another thread, LoL.)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Soi Dog wrote: I find Vientiane to be the most boring city in Asia, and I have had to go there dozens of times.
To me, Vientiane seemed like it would be a nice place to live, but not a lot to do as a visitor.

For that reason, I only stayed a few days when I had planned to stay a whole week.

I had a lot of fun meeting up with Jacked Camry, RichardPhuket and Sigmoid though. Also went around town on a push-bike. Poor bike.

Vientiane is like if Phnom Penh and Savannah, Georgia had a baby, 20 years ago.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
4000islandsguy
Expatriate
United States of America

Postby 4000islandsguy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Yes, I think VTE could be quite a nice place to live as well. It has most everything a guy could need and easy access to Thailand for what isn't. My friend was looking for alternatives to Thailand and VTE was a possibility. One thing going against it as a place to live is availability of nice, western style, places to rent. To get anything close to the condo he has in BKK actually costs more in VTE. Anyway didn't mean to derail this thread, I am sure we could find another place to discuss locations other than Cambodia.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Postby phuketrichard » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:08 am

does have some good food and i love the laid back atmosphere
as to accommodations; apts might be tough, but i met a guy that has a 3 bedroom house on the Mekong about 5 kms outside of town pays $400/month!!

what a great deal
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
aussieexpat1068
Tourist
Australia

Postby aussieexpat1068 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
ali baba
Expatriate

Postby ali baba » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Welcome to CEO, Aussieexpat.

What flag is that?
Scarier than malaria.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:29 pm

aussieexpat1068 wrote:Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
Welcome aboard... but... what's gas bagging?

I looked on urban dictionary and found this... which i'm "guessing" isn't what you meant:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %20bagging" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Postby Username Taken » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:15 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
aussieexpat1068 wrote:Hi all. Australian guy who had been living in Pattaya Thailand before moving back to Australia for a short break. Was married to a Thai, had a massage business, home, car, bike etc. Have always enjoyed Thailand and frequenting my wife's village in Roi-Et. Now looking for greener pastures with my new found freedom and have decided Cambodia is my next best port of call. Don't mind a drink or gas bagging with other expats and locals. Dig tattoos, loose women and writing about 12 years of experience in Thailand about the good, the bad and the ugly. Cheers.
Welcome aboard... but... what's gas bagging?

I looked on urban dictionary and found this... which i'm "guessing" isn't what you meant:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... %20bagging" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah, that's the one. Aussies just love that kind of stuff.

:dragonchase:

ali baba wrote:Welcome to CEO, Aussieexpat.

What flag is that?
Eureka.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Postby General Mackevili » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Welcome!

I was thinking he meant laughing gas balloons.

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Postby EdinWigan » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Welcome
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !

• Advertisement
Booking.com