Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 3348
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 1:06 pm
Karma: 93
Korea North

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby kiwiincambodia » Mon May 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Hi all, just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I have been in Cambodia awhile now and thought I would give these for thingies a go.
Check out my website for all things Kiwi in Cambodia at https://tiny.cc/j410iy
User avatar
anticon
Tourist
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby anticon » Mon May 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Knowledge is power arm yourself!
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12193
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 157
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby General Mackevili » Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm

kiwiincambodia wrote:Hi all, just joined and thought I would introduce myself. I have been in Cambodia awhile now and thought I would give these for thingies a go.
Glad you signed up, and thanks for introducing yourself.
anticon wrote:... just recently upgraded to another Asian country
Upgraded? Are you trying to insult us or something?

JK

Welcome, and glad you're still interested in Cambodia even though you've found yourself some greener pastures.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
barfly
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:55 pm
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby barfly » Mon May 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi,
I've been in Cambodia a few years now, semi-retired. Spent too much time in bars and searching out the stranger aspects of Phnom Penh nightlife. Hope to liven up the VIP Nightlife section - felt too constrained in the other forum.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6623
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 197
Contact:
Cambodia

Introduce Yourself

Postby Username Taken » Mon May 19, 2014 7:19 pm

Hello, my name is Username Taken,

Up until August last year, I was a member of another Cambodian forum. Sadly, my account was deleted because I had a different opinion to that of the forum's owner. I had never been warned, or sin-binned at any time prior to this, and received no notification of my banning. There were quite a few who fell that weekend. Nice to see some of them on here.
:greet:

Unlike OrangeDragon, cambod, General-Z and others who all received life-time bans, not only was I banned but all my posts were deleted as well. Man, I must have really pissed him off!


Congratulations guys! The site looks great.
Good luck









Karma comes in many forms, <<MOD EDIT: Please remember to not use anyone's real name. Thx, GenMack>>! :evil:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
User avatar
dagenham
Expatriate
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Karma: 0
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby dagenham » Mon May 19, 2014 8:06 pm

anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

If you left it's because you the Kingdom rejected you! Ha!
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
User avatar
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Karma: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Mon May 19, 2014 11:16 pm

dagenham wrote:
anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

If you left it's because you the Kingdom rejected you! Ha!
Dagenham, do you think you could be a bit more respectful to people over here than you are over at K440? You are the only one that I have noticed who has ventured over from K440 that is acting this way. Every post of yours on here so far is pretty much an attempt at picking a fight or insulting someone which is the same shit you do on K440. It is not needed here and if you want to troll, there is a site with a lot more victims for you. I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Karma: 4

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby Soi Dog » Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
dagenham wrote:
anticon wrote:Lived in Cambodia for 4 years.. just recently upgraded to another Asian country but still love to keep up with whats happening over there. :beer1:
Yo! "upgraded to another Asian country"...that's a joke, right? That, Mate, is impossible...what? Singapore? Cambodia Rules!!

If you left it's because you the Kingdom rejected you! Ha!
Dagenham, do you think you could be a bit more respectful to people over here than you are over at K440? You are the only one that I have noticed who has ventured over from K440 that is acting this way. Every post of yours on here so far is pretty much an attempt at picking a fight or insulting someone which is the same shit you do on K440. It is not needed here and if you want to troll, there is a site with a lot more victims for you. I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
^ Well said. 100% agree. :plus1:
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12193
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 157
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby General Mackevili » Mon May 19, 2014 11:40 pm

barfly wrote:Hi,
Hope to liven up the VIP Nightlife section - felt too constrained in the other forum.
You rock!!!! See you in there. :evil:


Username Taken wrote:Hello, my name is Username Taken,

Up until August last year, I was a member of another Cambodian forum. Sadly, my account was deleted because I had a different opinion to that of the forum's owner. I had never been warned, or sin-binned at any time prior to this, and received no notification of my banning. There were quite a few who fell that weekend. Nice to see some of them on here.
:greet:

Unlike OrangeDragon, cambod, General-Z and others who all received life-time bans, not only was I banned but all my posts were deleted as well. Man, I must have really pissed him off!
Hey man, long time no see!!! Glad you found your way over!!

Have fun over here, and feel free to have different opinions than everyone else!!! It's your right!! And while we are happy to have people come on here and talk about almost anything they want, I remind everyone to make sure you don't use anyone's names.

Catch you later!!

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote: I would personally love to see this forum succeed, even more so with you involved in it. Understand that as long as people continue to act like cunts to each other, this will never happen.

Thanks and I would love to see my advice applied to everyone, not just ol Dagenham here.
Hellz yeah, very well said, thx!!! And very fair not to single Daggers out, as it applies to everyone.

@Daggers
I love your funny posts man, but do me a small favor and try to be a tad bit nicer. Sir Q is right that we really need to be nicer to our fellow CEOers. :beer2:

Even I have been nicer to everyone (shocking, right?) and I plan to stay as my jolly good ol' self!!!!!

We are all responsible for the atmosphere that gets created here on CEO, and I want it to be less negative all the way around!! And of course, we live in Cambodia, so I still want to keep it fun and crazy, but take the niceness up a notch. Thanks dude. :dm:

And again, it's not directed at anyone in particular, just us as a whole!!!!! :Yahoo!:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 2097
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Karma: 150
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Postby taabarang » Tue May 20, 2014 5:35 pm

I've lived 17 years in Cambodia, eleven of them rurally. I used to post on the other forum under the handle of....forget it. Now get off my tits.
Once you've read one of her posts all the rest are just a remix.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Chatter”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: taabarang and 221 guests