Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
RocketMonkey
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by RocketMonkey »

Hi everyone.

I'm Jay, just another American that's hoping to have a bit of fun in the Kingdom of Wonder. A few years of working overseas just may cure my boredom. I've no debts, family or obligations, so why not check it out?

Seriously though, I actually am an ESL tutor. For the last decade I've had people asking me if I planned on teaching overseas and I became curious. Eventually I sold all my toys, got my paperwork in order, planning on leaving the summer of 2020. Then this plague struck and I was left with an empty apartment and a pissed off look on my face.

My fingers are crossed that I'll actually make it there by THIS summer.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Hello, I've only recently become acquainted with the site and you seem like interesting guys so I thought why not join. I can't wait to come back to Cambodia and I wish you all well. Let's be friends.
:thumb:
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Groovy.Daddio wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:39 am I've been monitoring the rent prices in Siem Reap, and the prices are so low I wish I could move now. Hopefully, the cost of living will still be low two years from now.

Good luck to you, I watch with great concern as I think the prices in Cambodia will continue to be greatly inflated by Chinese influx. Unless I am mistaken it is still viable to live under 300 USD a month very well if one does not mind living to more local standards.
:thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

RocketMonkey wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 am Hi everyone.

I'm Jay, just another American that's hoping to have a bit of fun in the Kingdom of Wonder. A few years of working overseas just may cure my boredom. I've no debts, family or obligations, so why not check it out?

Seriously though, I actually am an ESL tutor. For the last decade I've had people asking me if I planned on teaching overseas and I became curious. Eventually I sold all my toys, got my paperwork in order, planning on leaving the summer of 2020. Then this plague struck and I was left with an empty apartment and a pissed off look on my face.

My fingers are crossed that I'll actually make it there by THIS summer.
fingers crossed!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Random Dude
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Random Dude »

Gidday people.

I've been lurking around here for ages but only joined recently. After living abroad for years then returning to my home country to see how I liked it I decided to jump back into the ESL world. It seems like with others here and in the comments section of the Youtube channels I've been following, as soon as I decided 'right, let's do this' and got all excited about it the covid hit. So, like about half the world now I'm in a kind of holding pattern waiting to see how this unfolds.

Anyway, here's hoping the vaccine improves the situation, I hope the people on the ground there aren't finding life too hard with things getting shut down due to the virus and here's hoping I get to meet some of you in the near future.
Atmywitsend
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Atmywitsend »

Hi, I have just booked a hotel in P P for 1 week in November 2021 with a guarantee of no financial penalty should I cancel 8 days before my arrival.
I receive my second arm full of the Oxford jab in April so, along with the proposed Vaccine Passport I think I just should be okay to come for my short visit .
FINGERS CROSSED. What's your opinion ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Atmywitsend wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:24 am Hi, I have just booked a hotel in P P for 1 week in November 2021 with a guarantee of no financial penalty should I cancel 8 days before my arrival.
I receive my second arm full of the Oxford jab in April so, along with the proposed Vaccine Passport I think I just should be okay to come for my short visit .
FINGERS CROSSED. What's your opinion ?
Who knows ? There's a full-on Covid outbreak in Cambodia right now and there is mandatory 14 days quarantine for all visitors. Do your homework and decide closer to the time whether it's worth the trip.
snoink
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by snoink »

Greetings, I'm snoink.
I'm a filfthy even-toed bipedal ungulate who reads, writes and speaks english. Sometimes I go a bit krazy at the trough, which has an uncanny amount of booze in it. Here, however, I don cheap bifocals and affect an air of sophistication.
Enjoy your day.
I'm like the easter bunny,

but diffrent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic