Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Nicolas
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:08 pm
Reputation: 100
France

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Nicolas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:16 pm

Hi! Just joined the forum. I’m Nicolas Juralina and taking care of Khéma Pasteur (hashtag slowservice hashtag mysteakiscold hashtag youcallthisacoffee?) Hahahaha I’m sorry, ask for me if there’s any issues, I’ll make things right


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laredo
Tourist
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:38 am
Reputation: 0
Germany

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by laredo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi!
I`m Andreas from Germany and South-East Asia lover.
Bushido1234
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:10 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Bushido1234 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am

Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Reputation: 58
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by pissontheroof » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am

Bushido1234 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am
Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like cambodia 🇰🇭 because they use american money 💵 , I can withdraw my pension and not lose but , actually gain money here !
Thailand was o.k. Before the king retired and died , when the military took over and won’t let you have a beer during lunch hour !
I don’t really like it here anymore , but feel stuck ( cursed ) to be here .. since sihanoukville went down the drain ...
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
ChrisCam
Tourist
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:39 am
Reputation: 0
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by ChrisCam » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:45 am

Morning all,

Brit here, moved to Phnom Penh about two months ago for a new challenge, to travel and to test my mettle in Asia. Financial/Regulatory background. Just started a new role and getting my teeth into Phnom Penh.

Having a blast so far. Thinking of buying a naughty motorbike...
Agarwal.Aditya
Tourist
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:05 pm
Reputation: 12
India

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Agarwal.Aditya » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm

I am from India . I am working here in IT remotely. I just arrived one week ago. How do I get a visa to stay for one year?
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by pczz » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:44 am

Agarwal.Aditya wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:12 pm
I am from India . I am working here in IT remotely. I just arrived one week ago. How do I get a visa to stay for one year?
1 year visa is no longer available unless you are retired or have a work permit (unless india has a special arrangement, ask your embassy). Search the forum for work permit. there are many discussions that explain it. If you came in on a tourist visa you will have to leave and come back to change your visa
Sturgin
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 am
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Sturgin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 am

Greetings everyone...My name is Sturgin. I just moved to Phnom Penh a week ago. I am originally from Chicago, Illinois but have been living in Las Vegas for past 8 years, there I got really good at sportsbetting and it has done me very well over the years. I was happy when I found out I could continue my success at NagaWorld. I do all sports and could help anyone generate income, other then that I'm loving Cambodia so far, very friendly people and great food!!
Sturgin
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 am
Reputation: 0
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Sturgin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:34 am

pissontheroof wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:14 am
Bushido1234 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 am
Hi all. 55 yo Aussie here. Have travelled a fair bit through Asia over the last 20 years - mainly Thailand, Vietnam & China - only once to Cambodia. Love the general vibe of SE Asia, the food, the friendliness of the people etc. Looking to retire there soon and would be really interested in the thoughts of members here as to why Cambodia over places like Thailand & Vietnam? Any ideas or input would be genuinely appreciated. Cheers all. Oh... and I also like beer... and pizza.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like cambodia 🇰🇭 because they use american money 💵 , I can withdraw my pension and not lose but , actually gain money here !
Thailand was o.k. Before the king retired and died , when the military took over and won’t let you have a beer during lunch hour !
I don’t really like it here anymore , but feel stuck ( cursed ) to be here .. since sihanoukville went down the drain ...
Cambodia very friendly people cheap food and housing. I also like the fact I can make money at Nagaworld making sportsbets!
Festus
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 am
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Festus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 am

Traveling to Cambodia in April.

Trying to understand the logistics of moving around the country (e.g. If I Google a drive time is it accurate? Does the season affect the drive time?).

Hoping that I'm asking in the right place.

Thanks
-Festus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, Bing [Bot], bunfuntamun, lurcio, NitNoi, Spigzy, steelyRon and 165 guests