Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
User avatar
Hapa
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
Karma: 1
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Hapa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi to the forum.

I'm a half Cambo, half Aussie writer living in Sydney.

I plan to travel to Phnom Penh later in the year to finish writing a book loosely based on my Cambodian father. Back in the days of UNTAC my Dad ran for parliament, started his own party, got his ass kicked (in the election and life in general).

I'm not at all close to my Cambodian family so I've joined the forum to learn everything I can before I go--and maybe make some contacts and friends for when I get to PP.
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Karma: 582
Thailand

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by yong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:32 pm

HI all. I am new in this forum. Read some of the posts in this forum looks really informative and even educational. Will pop by frequently here to learn more about Cambodia. I love in Bangkok and plan to venture into Cambodia soon.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 14970
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 849
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by General Mackevili » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Hapa wrote:Hi to the forum.

I'm a half Cambo, half Aussie writer living in Sydney.

I plan to travel to Phnom Penh later in the year to finish writing a book loosely based on my Cambodian father. Back in the days of UNTAC my Dad ran for parliament, started his own party, got his ass kicked (in the election and life in general).

I'm not at all close to my Cambodian family so I've joined the forum to learn everything I can before I go--and maybe make some contacts and friends for when I get to PP.
Welcome to CEO.
yong wrote:HI all. I am new in this forum. Read some of the posts in this forum looks really informative and even educational. Will pop by frequently here to learn more about Cambodia. I love in Bangkok and plan to venture into Cambodia soon.
Howdy, neighbor. Welcome aboard!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 833
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Karma: 582
Thailand

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by yong » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:12 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:41 pm
Howdy, neighbor. Welcome aboard!
Thank you sir.

I should be visiting this country very soon to explore setting up a sales office here. Cheers!
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 4682
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Karma: 602
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Duncan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm

Hapa wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi to the forum.

I'm a half Cambo, half Aussie writer living in Sydney.

I plan to travel to Phnom Penh later in the year to finish writing a book loosely based on my Cambodian father. Back in the days of UNTAC my Dad ran for parliament, started his own party, got his ass kicked (in the election and life in general).

I'm not at all close to my Cambodian family so I've joined the forum to learn everything I can before I go--and maybe make some contacts and friends for when I get to PP.

Hi Hapa,, Welcome to CEO forum. I hope you give us a preview of your book and let us know when it is published, sounds like the story of your father would be very interesting.

Also where is he now and has he been back to Cambodia ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 7825
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Karma: 587
Tokelau

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Hapa wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi to the forum.

I'm a half Cambo, half Aussie writer living in Sydney.

I plan to travel to Phnom Penh later in the year to finish writing a book loosely based on my Cambodian father. Back in the days of UNTAC my Dad ran for parliament, started his own party, got his ass kicked (in the election and life in general).

I'm not at all close to my Cambodian family so I've joined the forum to learn everything I can before I go--and maybe make some contacts and friends for when I get to PP.
Welcome Hapa.
All that sounds interesting. Good luck with your project.
Please join the forum and ask any questions or start up a thread if there's something you want to discuss. Make yourself at home. :wave:
User avatar
Hapa
Tourist
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:36 pm
Karma: 1
Australia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Hapa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:15 pm

Duncan wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:25 pm
Hapa wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:56 pm
Hi to the forum.

I'm a half Cambo, half Aussie writer living in Sydney.

I plan to travel to Phnom Penh later in the year to finish writing a book loosely based on my Cambodian father. Back in the days of UNTAC my Dad ran for parliament, started his own party, got his ass kicked (in the election and life in general).

I'm not at all close to my Cambodian family so I've joined the forum to learn everything I can before I go--and maybe make some contacts and friends for when I get to PP.

Hi Hapa,, Welcome to CEO forum. I hope you give us a preview of your book and let us know when it is published, sounds like the story of your father would be very interesting.

Also where is he now and has he been back to Cambodia ?
He lived between Melbourne, PP and the Gold Coast until he died. He had a little bit of a name back in his day. I plan to post a thread sometime soon on the small chance someone here knew him or knew someone who did.

This is him.
https://youtu.be/LsVQw2d0JHk?t=1m38s
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 14970
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 849
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by General Mackevili » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:02 pm


Hapa wrote:
I plan to post a thread sometime soon on the small chance someone here knew him or knew someone who did.

This is him.
https://youtu.be/LsVQw2d0JHk?t=1m38s
Look forward to it. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
WizBall
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 am
Karma: 5
Mauritius

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by WizBall » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 am

Hello just signed up after many years lurking.. I lived in Sihanoukville for a long time but now I'm just a regular visitor. The only one of of you guys I met was Orange Dragon who used to drink in Charlie Harpers with my good mate Tony RIP. Anyway I'm back in a few days so I thought fuck it may as well sign up.

Cheers
douglas
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:27 am
Karma: 1
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by douglas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:45 am

Phnom Penh for the last few years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post