Introduce Yourself

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything, whether it relates to Cambodia or not. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Beerinthemorning » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 am

SEAfann wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:49 am
Beerinthemorning wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 am
SEAfann wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 am
prahocalypse now wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 am
SEAfann wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:24 am
Hi, im a guy on the wrong side of 50, love visiting SEA countries...of course KAMPUCHEA is my favorite, been to Thailand, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, PI, Viet, India & Lao.
Hoping to find in future tours a place similar to Cambodia for its good points!
Can anyone recommend a country which shares the highlights of Cambodia apart from the countries ive noted here?
Hi, you should visit Indonesia.
Cheers, yes indeed Indo is next on the tour list, i do not want to go to the tourist hotspots such as Bali, but prefer a more relaxed trip away from maddening crowds of other farang, so the more remote or less traveled islands have the allure for us, can you recommend any places like that in Indo?
Off the beaten path in SEA seems exotic but can turn out to be boring.

Nowadays i prefer to have english speaking company, and good food around me.

Indonesia off you beaten path you may well find yourself in a bamboo hut fighting off food poisoning instead if living the indiana jones lifestyle.
hahaha yes thats true too!, but when i go to a place & see more farang than locals i know i shouldnt be there, i travel to see other countrie's people & lifestyle, not a heap of my countrymen behaving as usual ha
Yeh off the beaten path can be great but you need a purpose (photography, filming a documentry, pretending to be anthony bourdain for a day... …).

I agree there is way wayyy to many farangs in SEA, sometimes i wander what they are all doing there.,...?
SEAfann
Tourist
Australia

Post by SEAfann » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 am

Beerinthemorning wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 am
SEAfann wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:49 am
Beerinthemorning wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 am
SEAfann wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 am
prahocalypse now wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 am

Hi, you should visit Indonesia.
Cheers, yes indeed Indo is next on the tour list, i do not want to go to the tourist hotspots such as Bali, but prefer a more relaxed trip away from maddening crowds of other farang, so the more remote or less traveled islands have the allure for us, can you recommend any places like that in Indo?
Off the beaten path in SEA seems exotic but can turn out to be boring.

Nowadays i prefer to have english speaking company, and good food around me.

Indonesia off you beaten path you may well find yourself in a bamboo hut fighting off food poisoning instead if living the indiana jones lifestyle.
hahaha yes thats true too!, but when i go to a place & see more farang than locals i know i shouldnt be there, i travel to see other countrie's people & lifestyle, not a heap of my countrymen behaving as usual ha

Yeh off the beaten path can be great but you need a purpose (photography, filming a documentry, pretending to be anthony bourdain for a day... …).

I agree there is way wayyy to many farangs in SEA, sometimes i wander what they are all doing there.,...?
yes i remember my first trip to Cambo about 10yrs ago, it was a direct flight from BKK after being in Pattaya, such a refreshing change from the bustle with so few tourists comparatively, feel privileged to have been to the Kingdom before the onset of mass tourism had ensued...wont be long
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:02 am

Borum-Ex frm TOForum wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 am
Hi all, i’m Borum, Ex from TOForum, I’ve made my first post and now I cannot see it myself anymore, i got two dislikes from phukeTHricTHard and another poster, many thanks, flowers and sincere kisses for that. The shite is, my post is moved, and i have no access to it, any way to solve this? Thx, Borum
Your post, which contained a link to a dismembered body, was moved out of sight.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 am

I must’ve been misinformed then sorry, i have heard that this site has a section full of pics like that...
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:32 am

nope.
Firefly
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Firefly » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Hello

You drew me in, long time reader here. l lived in Cambodia for five or so years inc PP, Kampot and Templetown. Looking forward to giving my tuppence worth on occasion.

Firey :wave:
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
General Mackevili
GONK
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm

Firefly wrote:Hello

You drew me in, long time reader here. l lived in Cambodia for five or so years inc PP, Kampot and Templetown. Looking forward to giving my tuppence worth on occasion.

Firey :wave:
A big welcome to you, Firefly. Thanks for signing up!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
Firefly
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Firefly » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcome General :hattip:
'What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.' Charles Bukowski
ChaseG05
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ChaseG05 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi guys! I'm new here. I always want to visit Cambodia as it is part of my bucket-list.
scott.zanassi
Tourist
United States of America

Post by scott.zanassi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:08 am

Hey everyone! 46 year old guy from San Francisco, California who's coming to Cambodia in a few months. I'm so excited! I've never done anything like this before.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

• Advertisement
Booking.com