Huh?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Huh?

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

So I decided to take a leisurely ride North up Monivong around 9 AM this morning. I get to the end of Monivong and decide to turn right to head toward Norodom. I am not too familiar with Norodom and the intersecting streets, so I can't tell you what street I turned down off of Norodom. It was right after Wat Phnom. So I turned right onto some BLVD. and as soon as I do, I see 2 traffic cops and they immediately spot my tall, white ass wearing no helmet. I am looking right at them and I see them start to make their move into the street for me. I decided that I would try the norm and keep going, but if the dude really tried, I was going to pull over as it was busy, they would have caught me with no helmet fair and square, fuck it, 5000r. So I make no attempt to pull over as I figure I am not caught yet. Then something pretty fucking weird happened. The young cop that took the lead and is now in the middle of the street "acts" like he is going to jump at me as he is positioned a meter to the right of me as I am approaching. No joke, he faked like he was going to jump at me with a stutter step type move. I am only going about 20 KM/H at this point and I just look over at him right in the eyes. He gives me a gangsta "What up G?" head nod and then makes that smooching/kissing noise with his lips at me as I pass.., his partner on the sidewalk started laughing ( I heard as I drove away).. I almost hit the dude in front of me because I was so mind fucked.

Me turning onto this street and this incident happening took all of about 10 seconds. In 10 seconds I went from everyday normal drive to being 100% mind fucked. I still don't know what the hell took place or why it went down the way it did.

Even more weird is the fact that like 10 seconds after I this happened, I thought of CEO and sharing this with you all.
:fool:
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Jaap N.
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Huh?

Post by Jaap N. »

Great little story! I haven't been pulled over for a long time now (knock on wood). Some time ago a traffic cop tried to stop a freshie boy wearing no helmet, the cop jumped at him and took a swing at the kid, nearly hitting him in the face FFS. They must be desparate for their tea money, but seriously, I don't know what I would do if they took a swing at me.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Jaap N. wrote:Great little story! I haven't been pulled over for a long time now (knock on wood). Some time ago a traffic cop tried to stop a freshie boy wearing no helmet, the cop jumped at him and took a swing at the kid, nearly hitting him in the face FFS. They must be desparate for their tea money, but seriously, I don't know what I would do if they took a swing at me.
Fucking A... if I saw a traffic cop even TRY to knock a freshie boy off his click/duke I would probably pull over and offer the cop a few dollars with a big thumbs up. Bring him back an extendable baton later or something. Make sure he can connect with the Freshie boy's head next time.
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Born-Confused »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:He gives me a gangsta "What up G?" head nod and then makes that smooching/kissing noise with his lips at me as I pass..,
He gave you the kiss of death - better be careful :evil:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LMAO!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Born-Confused wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:He gives me a gangsta "What up G?" head nod and then makes that smooching/kissing noise with his lips at me as I pass..,
He gave you the kiss of death - better be careful :evil:
shit... do you think doxycyclin will clear it up?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:So I decided to take a leisurely ride North up Monivong around 9 AM this morning.
I'm calling BS or insanity, no one rides for leisure in Cambodia except nutters
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

vladimir wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:So I decided to take a leisurely ride North up Monivong around 9 AM this morning.
I'm calling BS or insanity, no one rides for leisure in Cambodia except nutters
It was surprisingly empty right after rush hour. I took advantage, as I am usually working.
rick o'shea
Expatriate

Post by rick o'shea »

I'd been for an early bicycle ride yesterday and was heading home past SOS on 51. A mullet haired, singlet wearing barang dude on a scoopy sped by, no skid lid, and when we got to the big junction of Sihanouk and 51, he'd been nabbed by the traffic cops. He was on his mobile calling for back up and giving it large! I think they had his keys as they just stood nonchalently by and let him get all worked up.

(I imagined him threatening to call his embassy, making a 'pretend' call... Then realising the cops weren't even a little phased by that.)
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

rick o'shea wrote:I'd been for an early bicycle ride yesterday and was heading home past SOS on 51. A mullet haired, singlet wearing barang dude on a scoopy sped by, no skid lid, and when we got to the big junction of Sihanouk and 51, he'd been nabbed by the traffic cops. He was on his mobile calling for back up and giving it large! I think they had his keys as they just stood nonchalently by and let him get all worked up.

(I imagined him threatening to call his embassy, making a 'pretend' call... Then realising the cops weren't even a little phased by that.)
I am sure his Scoopi let them know he means business. What a twat.

I bet it was Dagenham.... zipping around wasted with no helmet on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic