How to get a Wife from Cambodia?

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Yemen

Re: How to get a Wife from Cambodia?

Post by John Bingham » Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 am

Kammekor wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 am
explorer wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 am
If you marry a Cambodian girl, you may not automatically be able to stay in Cambodia. I dont know the rules for Chinese people.
So what would be the extra conditions, beside coughing up the yearly visa fee?
What Explorer might have meant to say, is that "If you marry a Cambodian girl, you are not automatically able to stay in Cambodia." There are supposedly spousal visas, but I have never heard of anyone getting one. You will just need a visa like anyone else, whether you are married or not. The extra conditions are the same as have been discussed here many times on the topic of visas.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer » Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 am

I believe the rules are different for Chinese, compared to Westerners. I dont know the details.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor » Thu May 16, 2019 7:33 am

John Bingham wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 am
Kammekor wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:27 am
explorer wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 am
If you marry a Cambodian girl, you may not automatically be able to stay in Cambodia. I dont know the rules for Chinese people.
So what would be the extra conditions, beside coughing up the yearly visa fee?
What Explorer might have meant to say, is that "If you marry a Cambodian girl, you are not automatically able to stay in Cambodia." There are supposedly spousal visas, but I have never heard of anyone getting one. You will just need a visa like anyone else, whether you are married or not. The extra conditions are the same as have been discussed here many times on the topic of visas.
From what I got you will get an alternative EB extension if you apply for a visa as a 'spouse' which won't allow you to work.

@@newkidontheblock
Can you confirm? You have one, right?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 am

Call that number and the wonder lady will get it fixed. One business day turnaround is extra.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic