Heartbreak Hotel.

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Heartbreak Hotel.

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

Although the content/premise and storytelling is interesting, the writer lost a bit of my attention (and possible compassion) from the start. Even in 2014, that villa would have been worth [a lot] more than his "no more than $500 000" estimate. Just shows how out of touch he was with real estate here. Either way, at least they preserved the shell. It's probably a first in Cambodia, so at least a step in the right direction.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Heartbreak Hotel.

Post by fsdfdsdf » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:56 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 am
fsdfdsdf wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:31 pm
on another note. looks like they are pulling down stuff on the carpark site in 154 so I guess we are going to have another 15 story monstrosity going up there too
That's the old T3 prison site, it was torn down around 2000 and nothing solid has ever gone up there since so I'd be surprised.

Just before demolition it looked well creepy.

a year or two ago they closed the car park and cleared the whole place out (including that gym which was quite busy) ready to build but they must have run out of money and it reopened as a car park. now they are clearing out all the covered parking and cutting down the trees so I think they are going to try again. if that new hotel is ever full there will be a lot more tourists in the area and its a prime site
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic